Adding Quick attach to my Kubota

/ Adding Quick attach to my Kubota #1  

Rowdy Raven

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010
Good Afternoon Folks!
I own a L3010 that has a pin on bucket on the FEL. What are the basic steps in upgrading this to a quick attach? I only plan to change out from my bucket to a set of forks. Is this worthwhile to change over? How much capacity will I lose by adding on the adapter and quick attach plates?
Thanks, Rowdy

/ Adding Quick attach to my Kubota #2  
The easiest, and most expensive, is to buy a QA head for your FEL and a QA bucket. The loss of lift will be minimal and probably not noticeable.

The next difficult and a little less expensive is to buy a QA head for your FEL and convert your bucket by fabricating brackets on it.

The next level of difficulty and least expensive is to build everything.

All dependent on your expertise level.

I'll guess a QA head for your FEL will cost you $400.

A used QA bucket, if you can find one, will probably cost $600.

The necessary hardware and steel required to fabricate the system will probably cost $300.

An option for you might be forks that fasten to your bucket. Several manufacturers offer these. A set will cost you around $400 depending on size and strength. With these you will lose significant lift capacity because it moves the load completely out in front of your existing bucket lip.

/ Adding Quick attach to my Kubota #3  
Yes it's a worthwhile changeover.
I'm guessing QA heads for the loader are probably around $400.
You can get QA plates to weld on the back of bucket on Ebay for around $120

/ Adding Quick attach to my Kubota
Thanks guys! I'll start looking around for a QA head and plates. I appreciate your quick response!!!
Rowdy

/ Adding Quick attach to my Kubota #5  
If you find what a dealer is asking please post it. My dad's L3800 came with SSQA my L3700SU has a pin on I also have thought of changing. I saw the plates on ebay and have been watching the ads for a used quick attach.

/ Adding Quick attach to my Kubota #6  
I did it for my L3400hst. I bought the Kubota QA adapter and pinned it on. Last time I had to do that! It was $400 . I bought the factory bucket that goes with it, for $600, but I also converted the original bucket. The pre-fabricated QA plate was $120 shipped to the door, (the UPS guy did not like it much). You can read about my conversion below if you like.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ng-pin.html?highlight=so+you+think+converting

It is worth doing. When I swapped off the tractor, I let the factory bucket go with it, but I kept the converted bucket to use on my Kioti as a second "beater bucket". I use it for digging because it is smaller, and it is a good heavy reinforced bucket. I cannot imagine a tractor without SSQA. Switching back and forth sometimes several times a day from buckets, forks, grapple.. It's a good thing.

/ Adding Quick attach to my Kubota #7  
Good Afternoon Folks!
I only plan to change out from my bucket to a set of forks. Is this worthwhile to change over?

I use my forks more than my bucket. These days, especially with my power actuated SSQA levers I dump my implement outside before parking for the night. More room in the shop, less to trip over & I can grab the right implement right away when I fire up the next time I use it.

I built a SSQA to 3pt adapter (quick hitch welded to a SSQA plate). Dam useful for loading, moving or inspecting (use something like jackstands or a safety chain if you go underneath). I also have a converted truck snow plow that attaches to the 3pt for a pivot point.

Don't know what capacity you might loose, but the flexibility is so worth it. I wouldn't have my L3200 or any future tractor setup any other way.