Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST
Is there a hydraulic shop by you that can make hoses?

This is the same kind of spool (valve) that I used (except, I had 3 spools/valves). 2 Spool 8 GPM DA Valve Wolverine by Prince Mfg MB21BB5C1 | Directional Control Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com It comes with the needed, Power Beyond Plug that needs to be inserted!

I mounted my Valve on top of the FEL controls. I took the cover off and the bolts that held the cover on, I mounted a 1/4" steel plate to mount the new valve on top of. I used threaded rod to bolt to the FEL plate, one hole also lined up and was used on the new valve. Had to drill for the other two holes, I think I used the 4 holes that the plastic cover mounted to. 3 holes is all the new valve had.

I did removed the locking system for the FEL... have not missed it. I could mount the new valve lower without the locking thing...

The reason I picked that spot, mostly because I use the grapple the most out front but also so that I can move the Power beyond hose out of the FEL and attach it to the new valve's power beyond out port (I did not have to buy a longer hose). Also, was able to "T" the low pressure return to tank from the old FEL and the New Valve by using just a couple connectors which I had.

You'll need a new hydraulic hose to loop from the Old Power Beyond outlet of the FEL and attach it to the Power In of the new Valve... to complete the circuit (loop). If I'm not mistaken, the Kubota FEL valve is SAE 8 and the new valve is the same, SAE 8. If the hoses you buy have SAE 8 connectors bent at 90* with a swivel nut to tighten them at different angles, you'll be set. Use an old garden hose to measure hose lengths (then add a few inches!).

If you want to mount it on the ROPs in in the back, you just need to buy longer hoses. Best is to mount the valve first, then take your measurements to get the hoses cut. Hoses are expensive, if you can buy cheap discounted hoses, and use adapters to mount them, you'll most likely will spend just as much (I wasted a ton of money on adapters...)

You should be able to get it done under $700... Read and re-read the instructions until you know what you are doing (that's the hard part!!!)

PS. If you think that you'll want/need Hydraulic top and side link, buy a 4 valve spool... 4 Spool 8 GPM Prince MB41BBBB5C1 DA Valve | Directional Control Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com
That is a lot of very useful information and the pictures were a huge help. Thanks for your effort and input.
I do have access to a local shop that will make hoses to order. Time for some closer inspection to what I have to work with.

I contacted a couple of local dealers to help with the decision. An independent is suggesting that I go with a 2 spool valve and mount to either the ROPS or somewhere close to the loader valve. The local Kubota dealer confirmed that there is not a kit listed for the L3400 model as mentioned by another member here. He suggested piecing it together and finding a suitable location to mount to. He also told me that the hose coupling/connection that is used for connecting to my backhoe should be a power beyond. If that was the case, maybe I could reroute that to a 2 spool valve with PB capabilty, and then continue the loop. Does that sound logical?

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #23  
WR Long...Simple

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #26  
Try Gearmore in Chino Ca. I have installed quite a few of their top and tilt kits.
I have dealt with this gentleman personally when I worked for the Kubota dealer in Arizona. geno@gearmore.com- Office: 909 548-4848

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #27  
....He also told me that the hose coupling/connection that is used for connecting to my backhoe should be a power beyond. If that was the case, maybe I could reroute that to a 2 spool valve with PB capability, and then continue the loop. Does that sound logical?
Couple of things... WR Long is a great company and product... but expensive for what you get. You get a complete kit with instructions.

I have zero experience with Backhoes and how they connect... To me, it does sound like the best situation is to slap a 2 spool valve with PB capability in there. BUT I don't know for sure. Mount the spool to the rops, have enough line to hook up to the backhoe connections. I'd wait to hear from someone who did this but it seems to me like it should work.

Seems like a great thing since you can never have the backhoe and the snowblower on at the same time...

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #28  
Don't 3PH blowers just float along the surface they are on... I thought you just put it all the way down and it does its own thing
Depending on your tractor, 3ph blowers might float up and down, but they'll maintain their tilt. If you set it up level from front to back with a fixed top link, it'll stay level whether it's on the ground or picked up 18". That'll work on level ground. If you start backing up a hill, the bottom of the blower will dig in without a top cylinder. Asphalt might be OK, but gravel will not.

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #29  
fwiw I bought a 3 valve rear remote kit from Brian at FitRite Hydraulics.

20201209_144514_resized.jpg

It was a complete kit including hoses. I was a total novice with hydraulics. Brian walked me through everything. It was a fantastic learning experience. Ask yourself - are those people doing that any smarter than me? If I could do it. . .

rear quarter view 2.jpg

I've since moved the actuator handles horizontal.

The L3400 I used to have did use hydraulics for the Normand blower I had then. For this tractor I picked up a manual crank Blizzard that I converted to electric actuation - very easy.

btw - I'm old (76 anyway) and my name is Gerald

fwiw I bought a 3 valve rear remote kit from Brian at FitRite Hydraulics.

View attachment 768197

It was a complete kit including hoses. I was a total novice with hydraulics. Brian walked me through everything. It was a fantastic learning experience. Ask yourself - are those people doing that any smarter than me? If I could do it. . .

View attachment 768198

I've since moved the actuator handles horizontal.

The L3400 I used to have did use hydraulics for the Normand blower I had then. For this tractor I picked up a manual crank Blizzard that I converted to electric actuation - very easy.

btw - I'm old (76 anyway) and my name is Gerald
Thanks for the info and pictures. That looks like an awesome set-up and would be perfect for me. I'll look for the contact info and if the price is right, I'll inquire whether they ship to Canada.
BTW. I liked your side comment. I'm not as old, but sometimes feel that way. As well, my name is actually Steve and I named the tractor Gerald after my late father-in-law. It was his dream to own one, but alas, he never got the chance.