Snow Attachments Adding skid shoes to my Fisher HT plow?

/ Adding skid shoes to my Fisher HT plow? #1  

tmajor

Platinum Member
Tractor
2010 MF 1529, Woods ZTR MZ1952, National Mower sickle bar circa 1963
This has been a hard winter for plowing snow, as the ground hasn't really gotten very frozen. My drive and several others in the family are not paved, so if I let the plow "float", a lot of the drive gets thrown over with the snow. I've decided to go ahead and put skid shoes on the plow.

The plow is a Fisher HT2, which has a "trip edge", but no provision for skid shoes. They have a kit to add the shoes, which can be had for about $200 and includes a plate, with the shoe tube holder, to be bolted onto the angle iron, above the trip edge. However, the components are available for about $100, however the bolt on plate is not included (the shoe tube holder isn't welded to a bolt on plate). I can't see any disadvantage in welding the shoe tube holder directly to the angle. Am I missing something? "Bolt-on" would be easier for replacement. I could weld the shoe tube holder to a plate and bolt it on, if recommended. ??

Item #1 plate is missing from the component package.

Skid shoe kit.png

/ Adding skid shoes to my Fisher HT plow? #2  
You can order shoes and weld on holder for your plow.

Fisher Snow Plow Shoes

My plow is a Diamond and uses a slanted shoe that mounts into holes in the trip edge. They were too expensive so i added my own mount and std. vertical shoes.

Attachments

• 1303100_lg.jpg
    1303100_lg.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCN1391 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1391 (Medium).JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 338
   / Adding skid shoes to my Fisher HT plow?
Yeah, that's what I ordered. .... less the nuts and bolts pictured in my diagram.

/ Adding skid shoes to my Fisher HT plow? #4  
Much smaller scale, but same philosophy applies. You can build your own shoes and brackets. Just hafta think thru it.

DSC06954.JPG

DSC06957.JPG

/ Adding skid shoes to my Fisher HT plow? #5  
I have had Western and Meyer plows......Never had much luck with shoes on them. They still tended to dig into soft ground

/ Adding skid shoes to my Fisher HT plow? #6  
I too did some bad damage that will have to be repaired come spring. Actually with buckets and blowers, not blades.

I put some shoes on a trip edge (not trip blade) plow. I couldn't put them on the blade as the trip edge would hit them when it folds back.

I am not sure if they did any good or not.

I have had Western and Meyer plows......Never had much luck with shoes on them. They still tended to dig into soft ground

I agree ... had a Jeep CJ5 with Meyer plow with shoes, but I finally removed them. I guess. you could increase the size to about 1.5 feet. :laughing:

/ Adding skid shoes to my Fisher HT plow? #8  
I built shoes for a Meyer blade that I adapted to fit FEL or 3pt. They work very well. Probably have a 35 square inch surface. Anything less and they dug in as well. Takes a lot of surface to carry the load of a snow blade on soft ground. Sorry, I can't find any pics of those. They were built on the same philosophy as the ones I posted, only the skid surface was rectangular and the swivel location was offset so they would always turn the right direction. Have a "ramped" front edge to help them stay on top.

I agree ... had a Jeep CJ5 with Meyer plow with shoes, but I finally removed them. I guess. you could increase the size to about 1.5 feet. :laughing:
That's not completely true .... I lost one, while plowing, so took the other off. I found the lost one in the spring, but never put them, back on. The Meyer shoes (on that plow) were fairly narrow.

Does anybody have a Fisher HT plow with the trip edge and skid shoes? The brackets, which I purchased are not the correct ones, as the portions of the bracket to go toward the blade should be wider to allow them to be perpendicular when installed (rather than narrower).

If I knew the dimensions of the Fisher HT bracket, I could weld an additional piece on to make them conform.

What I got: The bracket, as pictured, is actually upside down, but turning it over, makes it worse!

Mill supply shoe bracket.jpg

What I need:

Fisher HD with trip edge.png