Adding "the Thumb" to a Kubota B1750 with a B1640a Loader

/ Adding "the Thumb" to a Kubota B1750 with a B1640a Loader #1  

Wasmeneh

Silver Member
I am trying to figure out what I need to add "The Thumb" to the above tractor. It was suggested by customer service that a diverter valve from surplus center, part # 9-8602 would be an easy way to add the Thumb. I have never messed with hydraulics other than replacing hoses so forgive me if these are simple questions. The tractor is about 1 1/2 hours away but I'm going up soon to do more cleanup from Florence. I am tires of tying branches onto the FEL to move them.

My assumption is that the valve connects to the tilt function on my FEL control but it would seem to me that I need two short connection pieces to accomplish this. I am trying now to figure out how and what parts I would need to connect this diverter valve to the current valve on my tractor. I emailed a question to the surplus center but so far no response. I am also interested as what would be a good electric momentary switch to use. I will source the hoses locally probably unless there is major savings somewhere else.

Thanks in advance

Mike
Wilmington, NC

/ Adding "the Thumb" to a Kubota B1750 with a B1640a Loader
Thanks that helps. Looking for the connectors to P1 and P2 I think. All other conections should be regular hoses. Does that sound right?

/ Adding "the Thumb" to a Kubota B1750 with a B1640a Loader #4  
The Surplus Center valve cited in the first post uses SAE (o-ring boss) connectors...SAE to NTP (tapered pipe) adapters are available or hoses can be ordered with SAE ends...

one of the first things required for DIY hydraulics is learning the different type and size nomenclature for the different sizes and port connections, fittings etc...many small tractors use JIC (flare) connectors especially on the cylinders etc...

here is a link to a free guide from a great source for hoses and fittings etc...(faster service and shipping than S.C.)... http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/thread_guide.pdf