Additional Information on Downtime

/ Additional Information on Downtime #11  
<font color="blue"> to "batten down the hatches" </font>
And even if you do this, then your problems will be, among others, people bringing in infected diskettes, contractors connecting unprotected laptops to your network, contractor laptops that happen to be running unpatched IIS servers, which were vulnerable to the NIMDA virus, etc. Don't ask me how I know this! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Additional Information on Downtime #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Guarding against hackers is considerably more problematic than it was even 18 months ago. )</font>

I think the fact that you caught the breech in the first 60 seconds is quite remarkable. Excellent security!

/ Additional Information on Downtime #13  
   / Additional Information on Downtime
This should be fixed now.

/ Additional Information on Downtime #15  
This afternoon I was trying to open TBN, and CBN, and it kept kicking up a box saying it was trying to down load a file. I have never had a problem on that computer before, is it something with the site?

/ Additional Information on Downtime #16  
Muhammad,

I thought I read it someplace, but can't find it, but I am not getting any emails anymore. I did go in my home and made sure everything was set there but still not working. Is this something that is not working yet or is it just me?

Murph

/ Additional Information on Downtime
I believe we're having some issues with our mail server... to be fixed asap.

/ Additional Information on Downtime #18  
Muhammad,

I thought you had said that before but I just couldn't find where. I won't worry about it and when it starts working that will be great.

Murph

/ Additional Information on Downtime #19  
I really appreciate your honesty in saying what happened. I think a lot of sites would either say nothing or put some kind of a spin on what happened.
It is really quite hard to stay ahead of the hackers. All it takes is one to discover some unknown hole and exploit it. But it sounds like you were ahead of the game running something maybe like tripwire or stackguard that alerted you. Good job.

/ Additional Information on Downtime #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I believe we're having some issues with our mail server... to be fixed asap )</font>

You must be about to get there; I just received 4 e-mail messages from the forum, the first in several days. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif