Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #11  
I made some brackets that clamp to the ROPS (don't have the canopy) that are very rigid. The lights are just 50watt Hobb wide flood lights. You can buy them for about $20 each and come with a 5 year warranty. I made the frames extra strong so if I hit a branch while in the woods I wouldn't damage the lights.

light3.jpg

light1.jpg

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #12  
I really like the handrail lights on my MF, they are near the pivots for the loader boom and fill the area on each side that the top front and rear lights don't get. I think they are all Hella halogens on that tractor.

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #14  
What are those doodads on the cowl shown in the second photo?

Here is my current light setup. https://picasaweb.google.com/110106108324823291002/LightsCameraACTION#

You must be talking about the OEM cowl lights that are suppose to take care of the being able to see problem. The only problem with them is that no one ever tried them out to see if they actually did any good in the design stage. :( In other words, basically worthless. Better than not having them, but if you want to see what you are doing, not much good. :ashamed: Canopy lights sure work good though. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #15  
Yep, I was referring to the cowl lights that look like almost anything (e.g. nostrils) but lights.

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #16  
I thought he had installed some jamming speakers for his 1500 watt per channel stereo. They sure look like speakers to me. I bet they light up the hood very well, might need dark glasses to knock down the glare. Not a well thought out lighting placement for sure

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #17  
I have been tired of working the dark behind the my tractor at night in the woods. I use to have a utility light mounted on the tractor b, but I could not really aim where I needed it, si I purchased a spotlight that was meant for an ATV, but it worked great. Its a Blazer ATV spotlight, and it fit perfectly on my fender handle. I was able to quickly wire it under the seat where the wire is connected to the fender lights. The spotlight does not rattle, or move when I drive, and I can aim it anywhere I need it, and it is very bright. All this for $25. Not a bad purchase. Excuse the clutter behind the tractor..The lights works great. The main thing, what ever you do, do not make holes in your ROPS, or modify them. They could fail if you need them. Just use large u bolts. This spotlight works great at night here in pitch black New Hampshire.
url
103_1876.jpg
103_1878.jpg
103_1874.jpg

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #18  
I presume the Hella corporation is still around ,you can choose a wide beam or long range some are designed for a road use .They draw power and are costy BUT you can see once you invested the energy to mount them .If I needed more light bad enough to add lights I wouldn't consider anything else.That's just my 5 cents.

/ Additional Tractor Work Light Ideas #20  
Expecting an attack of the killer zombies, are you. Where is your 1,000 round ammo box mounted for each of the guns you have? Surely you have some spare ammo around somewhere>:D