Adjusting 3pt height

/ Adjusting 3pt height #11  
Thanks, good info. I will try this today. I think the lock nuts on the threaded rod should be centered when the lift lever is set to begin lifting before 1 and stop lifting at 8, that would be considered "normal" lifting operation. Mine doesen't start lifting till slightly after 1 and does stop at 8. If I go a little beyond 8 it hits the relief area. As I posted earlier lock nuts are set about 2 threads from the end of the rod.

Dave

Yankee Clipper said:
The correct way to set the hitch height on a small Kubota tractor (B/L) is to grab the lower arms and lift them manually (engine dead) to their max height. You will feel it hit a stop inside. Take a piece of chalk or magic marker and mark one arm and the top cover at the same point - this is indicated max lift height.

Now start the engine and pull the position control lever until the hitch is as high as it will go. You do not want it to get to where the marks you just made line up.

There is an external followup rod on one end of the rocksahft that has lock nuts (12 mm) to allow the linakage to be extended or shortened. Extend the rod to increase lift height/ shorten it to lessen lift height. Do not extend it to the max (where the marks line up) as you will be blowing the system relief. You will heat the system and also you can loose power to any hydraulic application.

Also don't run it with the adjuster off (as the previous poster suggested) as you will be holding the system on relief and the tractor will get warm and so will you.

Now you know..

/ Adjusting 3pt height #12  
My 3ph problem is that the movement is too sensitive. Does anyone know how to give a greater shift movement to adjust a smaller implement movement? Movement around "3" is either too low or too high over with minor change.

I will be trying the setting as described by Yanky Clipper but this does not appear to adjust sensitivity.

Cityfarma

/ Adjusting 3pt height #13  
Well I followed the advice above and readjusted my 3 point and I am just about back where I started from. To keep from hitting the relief area beyond 8 I had to adjust the lock nuts back toward the center of the rod. I begin lifting around 3 1/2 and stop lifting past 8. My earlier setting would allow me to hit the relief area just beyond 8 and there was no sure way of preventing the lever from going there unless I purchase another stop similar to the one that you can set to prevent the lever from going below your setting of choice. I spend a lot of time working in the woods/brush and I could see branches/brush reaching out and grabbing the lever and pushing it beyond 8. I may not notice this in the heat of battle and wouldn't want to operate in the relief area for very long.

It appears in order to fix this I will have to remove the lift lever and linkages from the side of the case and index/clock the lever so it is in the middle of the travel when the valve is in the center position. For now I will live with beginning to lift at 3 1/2 and stopping at just beyond 8. I think whoever assembled the tractor adjusted it like that to keep the 3 point out of the relief area.

Dave