Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level?

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #21  
Not being familiar with how your tractor frame is connected to the back axle of your tractor if u bolts loosen and shim between frame and axle if bolted use a washer or two in between. Had a friend do this with his backhoe that was out of wack.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #22  
I'm guessing his rear axle housing is a part of the framework of the tractor and cannot be shimmed??

And then, the amusing issue,shimming the rear axle to fix an FEL problem......

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #23  
Richard you are absolutely correct I went out this morning to see how the FEL was connected on the tractor and my suggestion is out to lunch. I have one tractor where it could be shimmed between the loader frame and frame bracket the other would require drilling new holes for the loader bracket which could mean welding in the old holes for a small adjustment. There may be simpler ways but I never took the time to analyze every option. Large loaders and back hoes are a different set-up and dealt with shimming the axle. TY for putting me straight.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #24  
At 60 hrs you are probably still under warranty...have you expressed this concern to your dealer?

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #25  
Richard you are absolutely correct I went out this morning to see how the FEL was connected on the tractor and my suggestion is out to lunch. I have one tractor where it could be shimmed between the loader frame and frame bracket the other would require drilling new holes for the loader bracket which could mean welding in the old holes for a small adjustment. There may be simpler ways but I never took the time to analyze every option. Large loaders and back hoes are a different set-up and dealt with shimming the axle. TY for putting me straight.

No worries Bill. I wasn't trying to put you straight. I understand there are those that are built so this could be done. :)

I still say I could fix this problem in a couple minutes of operation. I don't think the FEL frame on this machine is strong enough to not twist with use. But if so, it's entertaining to discuss options. :)

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #26  
Get a grinder and wear more rubber/tread off of one tire until the bucket sits level. That's all it takes is for one tire to be slightly off for the bucket to not be level and a half inch :eek:

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #27  
Get a grinder and wear more rubber/tread off of one tire until the bucket sits level. That's all it takes is for one tire to be slightly off for the bucket to not be level and a half inch :eek:

LOL,,yep....or put chains on one front tire.:confused2:

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level?
I finally got a chance to measure everything yesterday. Pin to pin measurements are identical on both arms except for the distance across the lift cylinder (cylinder on the high-bucket side is extended 1/8" longer) and the pin to floor height of the frame mounting arms (arm on the low-bucket side is higher off the floor by 3/16").

Seemed odd to me that the frame mounting arm is higher on the low side of the bucket, but looking at this as a trapezoid linkage mechanism, it makes sense how that could all happen.

Given that I see this behavior even when dropping the bucket into a ditch where there is no floor (so in that case the right/low side cylinder bottoms out slightly ahead of the left/high side cylinder), it seems clear that the frame mounting arm asymmetry is the cause. I have no idea if I can gain back 3/16" slop by loosening up the mounting bolts and putting down pressure on the bucket, but I will give it a shot next week.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #29  
Yep, good assessment, the frame asymmetry is the cause.