Ads between Thread/Category pages

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages
No need to apologize your site is great. TBN is far more member user friendly and reliable than most sites.

I totally agree and totally understand about needing the ads to help support the site.

farmgirl19 said:
I've had it a couple of times today too. Given my limit of data for internet usage, being a rural tractor user, those videos are very unwelcome. I too understand ads paying for our free usage, but when it may cost someone overage charges on their internet connection, then they go too far. Videos should not be playing, unless someone specifically clicks to do so.

I agree. I wish there was something that could be done to make the flash ads only play when I want them to play. An option that you have is to place the website url that points to where the ad is coming from in the hosts file and point them to 127.0.0.1. This will show page cannot be displayed messages in place of the ad.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #12  
I am having the same or similar trouble. When I try to log on all I get is Xbox Call of Duty: Ghost. I have to log out and try two or three times just to get to TBN.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #13  
Happened again this morning.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #14  
Yep, the old X-box is still messing with us. Yesterday I could x out of TBN and come back and it would be gone. Today is the first time I let it run to see how long it was and when it finished it just froze on the ad. I had to click to close it before TBN came back on line. Very pushy ad and not a welcome one at that as it seems all x-box games are super violent.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #15  
I know all of us who has reported the ad has seen it, But here is a screen shot of it as I got hit by it again just now,

Attachments

• Call of duty2.PNG
    Call of duty2.PNG
    524.4 KB · Views: 74
   / Ads between Thread/Category pages #16  
I'm still getting it today.
First time going from "My Home" to "Today's Posts"
Closed the browser and reopened. Went to TBN and got it again.
Cleared cache, cookies, history, etc. in Chrome.
Signed back in to TBN and got it again.

Has anyone tried turning off "Flash" for TBN the site and have it still work?

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #18  
I got it too and I am not a gamer. Said I could skip in 42 seconds or something. I hit back arrow several times before it let me out. Guess I can't read the thread about 80 acres in Oregon. Dang...

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #19  
Every time I get that ad, including today, I click on the url (address) which does show tractorbynet, then hit the enter button and go to TBN.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #20  
Im getting Mcafee site advisor warning on all of the individual forums now, wasn't getting them earlier today.