Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ads #71  
Browser version and any plugins would be relevant as well.

I'm familiar with the symptom of delayed typing in javascript text areas but haven't gotten reports of that on this site. Usually it's a conflict of some type on the browser level. Sometimes a setting. Compatibility issues can take a while to track down.

/ Ads #72  
Browser version and any plugins would be relevant as well.

I'm familiar with the symptom of delayed typing in javascript text areas but haven't gotten reports of that on this site. Usually it's a conflict of some type on the browser level. Sometimes a setting. Compatibility issues can take a while to track down.
Nah. I just wanted to prove the point that my desktop and internet service are certainly up to the task of effectively reading forum sites. I go to enough sites in varied topic matters and interests enough to know when an issue is isolated to one in particular. I used to repair computers down to the component level in a lab, done my share of programming down to assembler level, and did computer field service work for a long time.

I know you would like to be able to blame everyone else's equipment, and since you run this site, that is certainly your right, and to your best interests to want to take that road. Server issues can be a real headache to troubleshoot. Just a single improper PHP or MySQL config setting can play hell on throughput. Throw a bunch of ads into the mix coming from other servers and having a lot of unknowns with synergistic effects (or the reverse thereof), and you can have quite a mess on your hands. Soooo with that in mind....

Sorry, but I just accept this site "as is". When your site is basically unreadable and/or painful to post on, I will just go somewhere else to play until a period of time comes along when it is working better FOR ME. I have said my piece about what I believe may be the issue(s). Enough said.

And as for the resident troll in this thread....

tractor_troll_01.JPG

I do LOVE the ignore feature most message board sites have..... :)

/ Ads #73  
Awwwwwwwewww. Poor lil ole RICH!

/ Ads #75  
Nah. I just wanted to prove the point that my desktop and internet service are certainly up to the task of effectively reading forum sites. I go to enough sites in varied topic matters and interests enough to know when an issue is isolated to one in particular. I used to repair computers down to the component level in a lab, done my share of programming down to assembler level, and did computer field service work for a long time.

I know you would like to be able to blame everyone else's equipment, and since you run this site, that is certainly your right, and to your best interests to want to take that road. Server issues can be a real headache to troubleshoot. Just a single improper PHP or MySQL config setting can play hell on throughput. Throw a bunch of ads into the mix coming from other servers and having a lot of unknowns with synergistic effects (or the reverse thereof), and you can have quite a mess on your hands. Soooo with that in mind....

Sorry, but I just accept this site "as is". When your site is basically unreadable and/or painful to post on, I will just go somewhere else to play until a period of time comes along when it is working better FOR ME. I have said my piece about what I believe may be the issue(s). Enough said.

And as for the resident troll in this thread....

View attachment 816908

I do LOVE the ignore feature most message board sites have..... :)

The flip side of that is if 99% of browsers are working worry free and yours isnt….then its a you problem. You should not expect the admin to do something about every individual that has an issue…..much less someone that has less than 100 posts on these forums. If you dont like it go somewhere else. Better yet make a competing tractor forum site and unseat TBN…..good luck there. You might get a feel for just how difficult it is to keep the armchair QBs on the internet happy!
No one cares about your computer background. I have an IT Masters degree…so what. Doesn’t mean Im an expert at everything IT related…as you know it’s a very big field.

/ Ads #76  
I'm from the other side of the pond and this is about the fastest US based forum I've seen and a big reason why I spend more time here than on others. Not only at home with 500/120 mbs internet speed but also at the remote propriety with very limited 4G service (less than 7mbs most of the times). Still runs fast and smooth, just takes slightly longer on some of the big pictures.

Running Win 11 with Chrome and Adblock. No issues whatsoever.

/ Ads #77  
I don't deny that some users have issues accessing our forum. I offer to help when the system configuration and browser info is posted so I can try to replicate the issue. That's standard practice in debugging. But when somebody just says it's our fault, doesn't provide basic information to help us diagnose it, I really can't do anything. The site is running fine on our end.

/ Ads #78  
The reason I was have not been my normal charming self with poor ole RICH, was the way he presented himself in his first post on this thread.

He was for lack of a better term OBNOXIOUS.

Typically you use a little sugar to get somewhere with another person, poor ole RICH decided pure lime juice was his enticement of choice.

Typically Muhammad has been a gentleman in every interaction I have seen him in, and did not deserve the disrespect poor ole RICH dished on him, and TBN

/ Ads #79  
I have to add one more thing, I wish I had the self control Muhammad exhibits in his post!

/ Ads #80  
The flip side of that is if 99% of browsers are working worry free and yours isnt….then its a you problem. You should not expect the admin to do something about every individual that has an issue…..much less someone that has less than 100 posts on these forums. If you dont like it go somewhere else. Better yet make a competing tractor forum site and unseat TBN…..good luck there. You might get a feel for just how difficult it is to keep the armchair QBs on the internet happy!
No one cares about your computer background. I have an IT Masters degree…so what. Doesn’t mean Im an expert at everything IT related…as you know it’s a very big field.
LOL!! You can't possibly know how many people may have come to this site, ran into problems they didn't care for, and left for greener pastures. Just as your measure of the number of posts I have made on this site has nothing at all to do with the number of other sites I have run, visited, and posted within. But nice try at obfuscation and deflection.

Nope. Not interested in starting up another forum site. Been there, done that enough times already. And I know this may come as a shock to you, but yes, sometimes users HAVE actually provided help to me. Fortunately I was not so hard headed as to ignore such offerings. I don't have a problem admitting when I am wrong or that someone knows more than me. I take is as an opportunity to learn, not a black mark on my fragile ego.

As for your masters degree, that is supposed to impress me? Book learning is a reasonable substitute for "in the field" hands on experience to you? I have created and run message board systems since at least the year 2000. I think there was another one around 1985 I set up when I started my online business at that time, but I guess that is sort of splitting hairs at this point. The point of which is DIRECT experience with message board systems and the servers they run on. Heck, my first exposure to online message board systems was with the company The Source out of Virginia on my 300 baud modem. There was another type of BBS system that was popular early on, I think it was called Telnet, but can't remember for certain. Was a long time ago. Leased at least one Linux based server the entire time up to current day. I had up to three at one time at one point. The very first message board system I can recall taking part in was the National Rifle Association's dial up BBS system back in the early 90s. I can remember how excited I was to upgrade that 300 baud modem to a 1200 baud version. How about you? What is your experience in this particular discussed field?

Anyway, please find where I claimed to be an expert in anything and point that out to me. I only offered some help based in my experience in this stuff. Nothing more, nothing less. Which has since been withdrawn. I can see the stonewalling here. Which is fine. I can get what I want from this site without offering anything in return. My help isn't wanted, so be it.

Sorry to come back to this, but it appears some people like to post innuendo and number comparisons with their choice of ignorant nonsense to make it appear that they are knowledgeable about topics they clearly have NO experience in.

Anyway, you all have a great day! I mean that.

Status
Not open for further replies.