Advice on new 3520 Cab

/ Advice on new 3520 Cab #11  
The DK 40 has 2700 Lbs of lift on the FEL with telescoping links and 1 remote.

/ Advice on new 3520 Cab #12  
Go look at Kioti. I doubt you will ever see dealer again if you do your own service.

/ Advice on new 3520 Cab #13  
Thanks for the reply. Your questions reveal my being "green" and inexperienced. The quote is for the eHydro. I doubt it included other "extras" as they were not mentioned. I took your advice and, as I said, am looking at a Kioti - although based on specs, the Kioti DK40SE seems more powerful than the JD 3520 and should be sufficient. If you have a different view, please let me know.

A Kioti DK40SE is a great machine, and an excellent value. My dealer says he prefers the 45 over the 40 in a cab because of power loss when running the A/C, but if you aren't trying to run the largest possible implements off the PTO, it probably isn't a factor worth worrying about. They have a beast of a loader, and a very cool rear 3pt control lever that really makes attaching implements easier.

Based off how few serious warranty issues seem to get reported in the Kioti forum, I personally wouldn't be worried about dealer proximity. As an aside, any Bobcat dealer (if you have one close) would be able to get you most normal parts because the CT440 is basically a white DK40SE....different loaders, but same engine, tranny, etc.

/ Advice on new 3520 Cab #14  
My two cents-only reason for buying new is if y0u can't come uip with the cash to buy used. If you look on Tractorhouse.com you will find plenty of good deals on low hour used machines. Granted some of the asking prices are crazy but keep in mind- they are ASKING prices. On any given day some sellers are more motivated than others. Also check out craig's list or e-bay.

As for the cab issue, sure if you are careless and go in the woods you can break glass-or if you don't have a cab, loose some teeth if you are dumb enough to get a branch in your face! As always a little care and common sense goes a long way. And I think a 3520 is more than enough for what you want to do. Before I bought my 4720, I had a 3320 and let me tell you I pulled my share of good logs with that and handled plenty of snow.

Last comment, I would be more inclined to get the tractor with a loader and then shop around for decent used impliments like chipper etc.

As for the green color? I'm convinced-keep a Deere clean and well cared for and they are money in the bank!

/ Advice on new 3520 Cab
My two cents-only reason for buying new is if y0u can't come uip with the cash to buy used....

I would be more inclined to get the tractor with a loader and then shop around for decent used impliments like chipper etc.

You hit the nail - zero down and zero interest (or Kioti rebates) is what makes a tractor possible. For the little I'm going to save with used (with the good resale values), I figure I might as well go new. Plus, with used, there is always the chance that the unit has problems.

Buying implements from the dealer allows them to be bundled into this deal. Yes, I could save buying used if I could find local implements - I am pretty far from any real city and so the pickings are slim.

/ Advice on new 3520 Cab #16  
I am 63 and say you are correct in wanting a cab if you are going to blow or move snow. Take caution in the woods.

Your dealer may have a few used implements that he can fold into the deal rather than new if he can get creative in wrighting up the purchase order for the financing.

/ Advice on new 3520 Cab #17  
i don't know what kind of hills or snow you get or hat your plow truck is, but i much prefer to use a truck than a tractor here, but i bet our snow is very different

/ Advice on new 3520 Cab #18  
i don't know what kind of hills or snow you get or hat your plow truck is, but i much prefer to use a truck than a tractor here, but i bet our snow is very different

I used to live not that far from where the OP is, and in MD as well....very different. The problem there is that with a plow you can run out of places to push the snow to. It's also frequently dry snow that you can throw a long wys with a blower.

/ Advice on new 3520 Cab
I used to live not that far from where the OP is, and in MD as well....very different. The problem there is that with a plow you can run out of places to push the snow to. It's also frequently dry snow that you can throw a long wys with a blower.

Very true. I'm in the Cabinet foothills in the Idaho Panhandle. The driveway gets narrower as the season progresses. By the end of the season, I'm having to pound the snow to make room. Only a matter of time before both plow and truck give it up.

I got two more quotes - one from a JD dealer 75 miles away which was for more than the original quote. Instead of $35,900 for Cab and loader, it was $39,600 (he quoted a H160 instead of the original 300CX loader).

The other quote is from the Kioti dealer for the DK 40 SE HST CAB. I'll start a new thread in the Kioti forum to discuss it, since I'm seriously leaning that way.

Last edited: