Advise on Snowplow

/ Advise on Snowplow #1  

Maineiac

Bronze Member
Tractor
LB1914
I'm currently pushing a rusty old Fisher plow, backwards, on my LB1914. It works, but I hope to convince my wife that a nice front-mounted plow would save my back and neck and give me more energy for, um, other things.
My question is which brand of front plow has worked best for people. Any and all advice is appreciated. TBN is such a terrific resource!

/ Advise on Snowplow #2  
Why not fab your fisher on the the front.

/ Advise on Snowplow #3  
I guess I should of asked this first.
Do you have a loader on your 1914?

/ Advise on Snowplow
Wallace;
I do have the FEL. I certainly could weld in a couple of tabs and use my current plow, but the thing is really in sad shape. When I go to replace it, it would be nice to have a set-up with a hydraulic angle change.

/ Advise on Snowplow #5  
Pay attention to your local paper or even ebay and pick up a used meyers power angle plow.
You can usually get them for under $300.00 even if you get a larger one than you think you want. Then just cut it down.
Make ears for the bottom pins of the loader and weld a hook to the cross tube on your loader then take the chain from the plow and hook it to the cross tube. At this time you tilt cylinders will be doing nothing, put a "T" in your tilt cylinder hose with a quick coupler and then you will have power angle.

Now if we can ever get some snow around here /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Advise on Snowplow #6  
I have a Curtis blade on my current tractor. You can see pictures of it in my Photo Gallery on TBN.
Previous tractor had a 7' Meyers mounted on it. Worked great for over 20 years. I wanted a tractor with a FEL. That is why I changed to the Curtis.

/ Advise on Snowplow #8  
Hey Mr. Wallace.....Snow?? I personally like the brown color in January /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. I'm afraid we will get more of the white stuff before it's all over though. But, for now - 50 degree days in January? I'll take em.

/ Advise on Snowplow #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now if we can ever get some snow around here )</font>
As I sit here at my laptop, looking out over the courtyard of a beautiful old Mexican Casa, and feeling the breeze of an 81 degree afternoon, the last thing I'm thinking about is SNOW and snow plows. Of course, even when I'm home that's not a problem, and I'm soooo glad too! Enjoy the winter guys.
John

/ Advise on Snowplow #10  
I'll be down there in the sunny south soon, I can't wait.

But I do love the snow. Nothing like a New England winter.
(alot of rain this year though /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)