Buying Advice advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other?

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #31  
Lanford Equipment in Austin is my recommendation for a Kubota dealer. Excellent folks, great service, honest, been in business for a long time. Give them a look...lots of models you can try driviing.

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other?
Well for anyone still looking at this ..i did not have a good experience with the tractor dealer is south east Austin so my next place to go soon i hope is the RCO Tractor - New LS Tractors & Used Yanmar Tractors place that was recommend ..Also the new holland dealer where ever they are ..think i will start a new post see what ya'll think.. peanutbob

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #33  
Hi Peanutbob, You have been given pretty good advice already, and I don't have a lot new to add. If I were you I would look hard at Kioti, LS and Mahindra, as more bang for the buck. I would want about a 35 to 45 horse tractor. A Kioti DK40se with hydrostat is a wonderful tractor. I have its slightly smaller brother, no longer made, the DK35se hydrostat. With Skid Steer Quick Attach bucket.You will really want that feature to change over to forks and grapple that you are going to want. Be sure your tractor has telescoping lower links and sway bars on the 3pt. You will really appreciate the way that makes changing 3 point implements so much easier. A nice suspension seat is great too! A Kioti DK40se will have all of those things standard, and so will the LS models in that range. Be sure to sit and operate each one and get on and off a few times too. Be sure the tractor "fits you".. Not all tractors fit all people. Good luck in your hunt!

James K0UA

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #34  
Any advise on buying a new compact tractor ? I know nothing about tractors except what i am seeing on line.i live in central Tx. have 8 mostly heavily wooded acres,sandy soil with clay not very far down. I have had about 3 acres roughly cleared with dozer, i want to do some more clearing,move the stumps/rocks and debris from the dozer in a pile for a 2ed burn. move gravel to redo drive way, dig trenches to re do water line/drain field that is to shallow,smooth cleared land .then maintain cleared prop. mow, some tilling ,ect.. i know i want 4 wheel drive as when wet the ground is real soft easy to sink .I want to get tractor package as i need trailer, tractor and implements i have been looking at kubotas and john deere as there are dealers in austin and segiun closest to me. and i will financeing looking to buy between 20,000/35,000 with about 5,000 down..looking at one of the dealer sites and build your tractor.. i haven't got a clue.. what type/size tires front and back what size pins for backhoe attachment the diff sizes for blade, bucket, diesel or gas. what hydraulic valves i need and pump ?? like i said im green do not know squat except what i read on line .. any help/ advise would be very appreciated

I was just in your shoes 2 years ago. I had all the flyers laid out on my coffee table and didn't know what I wanted. I actually went completely by tractor specs for the first two years I was looking for a new tractor. Specs vs. price. I looked at everything, JD, Mahindra, Kioti, Massey and Kubota. After 2 years of research, I chose Kubota. They are all solid tractors, but I looked at my best bang for the buck and resale value. All I do is move around mulch and plow feet of snow every winter, but it's all kinds of fun!

As for the dealer, I got mine in KY. Shipped it was over $2,000 less than my local dealer. I always shop local, but if they can't come near the price, look elsewhere. Only at 50 hours in 2 1/2 years so I hope this helps!

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #35  
I was just recently in your shoes and looked at New Holland Boomer 40, Kubota L4600, LS R4041H, and Kioti DK40SE HST. I was looking for a FEL, fork, backhoe, loaded rear tires, and 3rd remote valve for a grapple. The NH came out to just under $37k, Kubtota L4600 for $38,800, LS for $36,500, and could never get the guy to call me back about a Kioti. I didn't end up getting any of these and settled on a Kubota MX5100 for $38,500 OTD with FEL, Fork, backhoe (18" bucket), 3rd function valve, loaded tires, HD bucket, Bolt on tooth edge.

Like others say go to the dealer and drive each one around and then think about each one making a list of what you like and dislike and compare to your needs list. I wasn't looking to get a 50hp tractor but price was the slightly better for this vs the small model so it was hard to say no.

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #36  
What I like about Kubota is they make it. It's not this sub contractor this year and that next year. As I plan to own for 20 years that gives me peace of mind on parts. Beware on implements. There is a huge difference in quality and warranty and Kubota dealers will sell (s)crap with only a 90 day warranty.

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #37  
What I like about Kubota is they make it. It's not this sub contractor this year and that next year. As I plan to own for 20 years that gives me peace of mind on parts. Beware on implements. There is a huge difference in quality and warranty and Kubota dealers will sell (s)crap with only a 90 day warranty.

Disregard....my reading comprehension failed me. :eek:

Last edited:
   / advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #38  
A huge difference in quality? What are you basing that on? A big difference in price is pretty well established, but quality? I've seen just as many people posting problems with Kubotas as any other brand...and those numbers are pretty small across any of the reputable brands right now.

Kubota's warranty isn't close to the best right now. Their longest power train coverage is 36mos. Several companies offer 48 or 60 months on the power train.

My post was clearly about quality of implements and a Lienbach with a 90 day warranty is not the same as a land pride with a two year warranty. My post was clear that I was referring to implements when it comes to quality.

On parts availability I think stuff made in house has a better chance of being available longer regardless of brand.

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #39  
My post was clearly about quality of implements and a Lienbach with a 90 day warranty is not the same as a land pride with a two year warranty. My post was clear that I was referring to implements when it comes to quality.

On parts availability I think stuff made in house has a better chance of being available longer regardless of brand.

Evidently it wasn't clear enough for those of us who are sometimes slow. :D I thought your warning about implements was just a general one, and I misread it. I think you're right about implements, regardless of what brand dealer you buy from. Some sell good stuff, and some sell generic junk with their own paint and decals, no doubt.