After years of hand filing, went and bought myself an Oregon chain grinder

/ After years of hand filing, went and bought myself an Oregon chain grinder
The Echo CS211T also went up in price btw. Everything is going up except the value of the currency. The one thing I did with the CS211T was a canned the stock muffler that has a CAT in it and replaced it with a non cat muffler that Echo sells. Really woke up the saw. Had to pull the mixture limiters too to get the mix correct. It's now a 7 pound screamer.

I see the new Stihl's are now coming with CAT's as well. Love the emissions crap.... not

Last edited:
   / After years of hand filing, went and bought myself an Oregon chain grinder #53  
If they make it digital, then they don't even have to use paper to make $ out of thin air.

The lighter weight of the Echo CS211T is less tiring to cut up small limbs and brush. It helps to compact it. Also finding that the Echo pole saw ppf 225 seems to be more fuel efficient, oils better, and restarts wayyyy better than the unit I had been using. Should have bought the Echos years ago and saved myself a lot of work.

My local tree guys found out I had the Oregon grinder and one just dropped off 75 325 and 404 loops to be sharpened. Told him 5 bucks a loop and he said fine plus he dropped off about 30 chipper knives to be ground. I own a chipper knife grinder too. Get a steady diet of chipper knives. So much for retirement...

/ After years of hand filing, went and bought myself an Oregon chain grinder #55  
My local tree guys found out I had the Oregon grinder and one just dropped off 75 325 and 404 loops to be sharpened. Told him 5 bucks a loop and he said fine plus he dropped off about 30 chipper knives to be ground. I own a chipper knife grinder too. Get a steady diet of chipper knives. So much for retirement...

I have a Tecomec Jolly Star on Oregon 3-point stand, but have not had a chance (or need) to use it yet.

Just curious to to ask your estimate how many loops can one sharpen in one hour on average?

IE. Is it normally 5 or more?

/ After years of hand filing, went and bought myself an Oregon chain grinder #57  
I saw a Tecomec that was $20 less than the Oregon, but I am not sure that they are the same. Might want to look carefully.

Keep in mind that there are a number of different units and each has unique features. I bought the Oregon I have because I can rock the chain vice each way 10 degrees when sharpening 404 chipper chain.

I have a Tecomec Jolly Star on Oregon 3-point stand, but have not had a chance (or need) to use it yet.

Just curious to to ask your estimate how many loops can one sharpen in one hour on average?

IE. Is it normally 5 or more?
I'm averaging about 6 minutes per 24" loop of 325. The CBN wheel is much faster and requires no dressing.