Aftermarket L3430 AC compressor?

/ Aftermarket L3430 AC compressor? #1  

WileyG

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM3000 Kubota L3430HSTC
Last year you guys led me through diagnosing my AC issue as far as I could go and I ended up taking it to the local Kubota dealer. Bad compressor was the diagnosis and they quoted $2300 to make it cool like new. Can't spent that much on it. I have looked at new aftermarket compressor and found that they run from $150 to over $500. Is there an aftermarket compressor for a 2004 Kubota L3430 HSTC that any of you can recommend? I'll be having am automotive shop to replace the dryer and expansion valve as well when they install and charge the new compressor/system.

/ Aftermarket L3430 AC compressor?
Thanks K5. I have looked at several online and the longest warranty period is one year but the one that you posted only has 30 days. I may have to just gamble on one of the ones with 12 month coverage. Thank you for your input.

/ Aftermarket L3430 AC compressor? #4  
Why don't you just gamble on charging what you have and seeing if it t works ? You can hit a few pawn shops and get a manifold and a vacuum pump. Buy some refrigerant and get after it. Just me in this po dunk hick area, i have five vacuum pumps and two guage sets. Everything is either yard sale specials or pawn shop madness. I like going to the King Kong of Pawn in Bossier City. I started buying things around 2000 year and I ain't never took nothing nowhere to nobody since. Plus, I even have a sniffer. I've never used it myself, but loaned it out a few times. Soapy water finds leaks. A can of spray foamy carpet cleaner, no leak can hide from that.

R134a leaks easy. You could add a can or two and then it will close your low pressure switch.and get to cooling. You might have to add another can over summer, so what, add one.

Every shop I ever been around always says compressor. See, that guarantees so much of a job. Out of all the junky bull crap I've fixed and got it cooling, I've only replaced one compressor. That is because hoses were cut off with a knife years ago and it had been getting dirt in it for years. On an F750.

/ Aftermarket L3430 AC compressor?
ROUSTABOUT, I just don't have the time to go chasing all that stuff down and if I can get it cooling again for $1K or less I'm good with that.

/ Aftermarket L3430 AC compressor? #6  
I went back and read your original post. What doesn’t make sense is it is intermittent, but the rental gauges show zero pressure! That doesn’t add up.
I didn’t see where you did the electrical test of hot wiring the compressor clutch to see if it engaged in just the tractor off state and again with the tractor running and clutch hot wired. Was the clutch engaging when the gauges were connected?

Sorry if I’m asking a question that has already been answered.