Aftermarket Loaders like Westendorf vs brand matched?

/ Aftermarket Loaders like Westendorf vs brand matched? #1  

Stowed4Sea

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS MT225S
I've been wondering, does anyone have any experience in pricing a used tractor(in 50-70 HP range) without a front loader and then buying an aftermarket one like Westendorf (I'm assuming dealer brand would be more pricey) after? Do you save any money there?

Or have you found that it is better to just look for what you want with a front loader already attached.

PS: As a side note, I'd love a discussion on how do these companies do enough business to exist? I rarely see aftermarket loaders on tractors, do that many people buy a tractor and decide they want one after do they offer better performance than the manufacturer's loader? Obviously there is a market for them, I just know why that market exists.

/ Aftermarket Loaders like Westendorf vs brand matched? #2  
I've been wondering, does anyone have any experience in pricing a used tractor(in 50-70 HP range) without a front loader and then buying an aftermarket one like Westendorf (I'm assuming dealer brand would be more pricey) after? Do you save any money there?

Or have you found that it is better to just look for what you want with a front loader already attached.

PS: As a side note, I'd love a discussion on how do these companies do enough business to exist? I rarely see aftermarket loaders on tractors, do that many people buy a tractor and decide they want one after do they offer better performance than the manufacturer's loader? Obviously there is a market for them, I just know why that market exists.
Absolutely no doubt about it!
For optimal satisfaction.
Buy the tractor you want, with an OEM loader attached!

/ Aftermarket Loaders like Westendorf vs brand matched? #3  
You're easily going to get the best price on buying a tractor with a loader already attached. Between the loader cost, brackets, install and anything else, the overall price adds up fast.
As far as adding a loader, aftermarket should be cheaper, but might not hold its value as well as factory.
As to why the brands exist, I've seen a lot of aftermarket loaders go on older tractors that are no longer being produced.
Something else that I've come across is that ALO, one aftermarket manufacturer, also builds some factory loaders. I've heard of Massey Ferguson and Kubota using ALO loaders, which would help the company stay alive.

/ Aftermarket Loaders like Westendorf vs brand matched?
Oh, that's a good point I didn't think about. I just watched an Ask Tractor Mike video and he mentioned that with backhoes it's mostly a few manufacturers making them for the name brands, not the name brands themselves making them, so makes sense it likely works the same way with Frontloaders.

/ Aftermarket Loaders like Westendorf vs brand matched? #5  
Imho you get a better deal buying the loader on the
tractor and all the hookups come with it. And its made
for the tractor so no guessing which one will fit and messing with all the fittings to install could turn into a
nightmare very easy! So its best to purchase tractor
with the loader attached to eliminate the hassle!
Besides most tractors come with the loader attached!

willy