aftermarket sheet metal recommendations

/ aftermarket sheet metal recommendations #1  

EdinOR

Tractor
69 Massey 175, 51 JD B, 48 JD H, 48ish York Turn O Bout
I am going to be changing my fenders to a different style on my MF 175 and am assuming that there are some brands/suppliers are better than others.... or is there just one manufacturer that makes these? I will be going to the flat top with lights and new mounts as well. Comments/suggestions??? Thanks.

/ aftermarket sheet metal recommendations
Anyone???

/ aftermarket sheet metal recommendations #3  
I guess that isn’t a popular repair. Are you installing generic fenders, or are they just older style MF fenders?

Ya, it must not be a common thing. Actually I'm doing a restoration and this ol' boy, (tags out as a 1969). It has some fenders on it like I haven't seen before. I believe them to be original because of the color match and decals, but are a shorter flat top version without lights. However I want to replace them with the common flat top with dual lights on each side. Several places selling them. Just curious if anyone knew if there were any differences or if they might even all be made at the same place. Just trying to do some homework before plunking down some big bucks. Thanks.

No. I too have found many sellers. I am asking if some are better than others.

/ aftermarket sheet metal recommendations #7  
No. I too have found many sellers. I am asking if some are better than others.

Most items of this sort are made in China, and often by only one or two manufacturers.
They are then exported to the USA, and sold by many different retailers.
Can't say for sure this is true for aftermarket MF fenders, but it is quite likely.

/ aftermarket sheet metal recommendations #8  
Most items of this sort are made in China, and often by only one or two manufacturers.
They are then exported to the USA, and sold by many different retailers.
Can't say for sure this is true for aftermarket MF fenders, but it is quite likely.

That’s exactly right. It is easy to point out retailers but not as simple to identify the manufacturer. And in the rare instances where they are identified, contracts end and suppliers change pretty rapidly.