Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs?

/ Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs?
Sorry, been busy hadn't gotten a chance to get back to the site so you may have already gotten it in, but if not, just don't let the live power wire hit any other ones or you'll blow a fuse /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif .

/ Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs? #12  
Question does the John Deere / Delco radio sound good? I have one coming in my 3720 and also when it is ordered in a new tractor does the JD factory install it or does your dealer install it?

/ Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs? #13  
Question does the John Deere / Delco radio sound good? I have one coming in my 3720 and also when it is ordered in a new tractor does the JD factory install it or does your dealer install it?

Mine came from the factory with a radio already installed. Not sure if it was the Delco or not. I wanted something that I could easily plug my walkman into (It has about 75 CDs downloaded on it) so I had the dealer put in their "Factory Installed" Jenson model option. It has, weather band, Aux. port and is Ipod compatible. The small bin compartment is a nice feature too.

Works great!

Attachments

• 100_9742 (800x594).jpg
    100_9742 (800x594).jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 616
  • 100_9741 (800x594).jpg
    100_9741 (800x594).jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 528
   / Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs? #14  
Mine came from the factory with a radio already installed. Not sure if it was the Delco or not. I wanted something that I could easily plug my walkman into (It has about 75 CDs downloaded on it) so I had the dealer put in their "Factory Installed" Jenson model option. It has, weather band, Aux. port and is Ipod compatible. The small bin compartment is a nice feature too.

Works great!

I love the layout and the heavy duty buttons on that radio. I just emailed my dealer with your pictures. I told him this is the radio I want (hope it is not to late or maybe that is the standard radio anyways?) I never liked Delco stuff :thumbsup:

/ Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs? #15  
I got rid of the basic junk Delco that I had in mine! I replaced it with a Sony Xplod MEX-BT3800U. I liked all the different ways to connect to the radio. Usb/bluetooth/aux. It was under 200 and I also replaced the factory speakers, which made a big improvement to the sound! I also cut holes through headliner because from the factory they don't have a speaker grill. This made the biggest difference I think! There is allot of info on here on this subject which helped also.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-buying-pricing/118103-just-bought-3520-cab-radio.html

Last edited:
   / Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs? #16  
Tractor has arrived and it has the Jenson model with all the goodies plus the cd player. There just waiting on my beacon light and 72 inch frontier rotary cutter..dam the waiting is killing me. I would like the use the machine for my last rough cut of my field contracts but there starting to grow again might have to hit them with the Kubota 7510 and a 48 inch cutter one last time :laughing:

/ Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs? #17  
JHD 3620 Best price on the net and comes ready to install, nothing else needed!

/ Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs? #18  
I plan to buy a 2011 3720 and would like to put an aftermarket radio in it. A dealer has a tractor on the lot but it doesn't have a radio in it. They want $150 (plus $446 for the radio) to install one. I can buy a pretty nice head unit from Crutchfield for less than half that if it's not difficult to install. I've read through some other posts and am wondering if the cab top still has to be removed. Any advice?

/ Aftermarket Stereo Install on JD CABs? #19  
Go for it! Once you get started you will be glad you did. There is an adapter plug that plugs in to the stock radio wiring harness.You can check the roof seals while you are in there. You should also be considering replacing the factory speakers with something better.There is plenty of info on here so read up on it a little and do it. You won't be sorry!