Aftermarket terramite cylinders

/ Aftermarket terramite cylinders #1  

LawrenceFine

Tractor
Terramite T5C
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 1996 T5C. The boom cylinder is leaking and I want to replace it. Also, one end of cylinder was previously welded, so it is not worth rebuilding. After calling Terramite and dealing with sticker shock for new cylinder, I decided to shop aftermarket parts. Does anybody have have any leads on where to lookfor a replacement cylinder? Thanks for any help.

/ Aftermarket terramite cylinders #2  
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 1996 T5C. The boom cylinder is leaking and I want to replace it. Also, one end of cylinder was previously welded, so it is not worth rebuilding. After calling Terramite and dealing with sticker shock for new cylinder, I decided to shop aftermarket parts. Does anybody have have any leads on where to lookfor a replacement cylinder? Thanks for any help.

How ironic! I have exactly the same issue/question. My T5C is a 1992. boom cylinder is the wrong one, previously welded, and can't pay $490 for a new one! Any help here appreciated!

/ Aftermarket terramite cylinders
I have taken measurements of the cylinder, which appear to be 16" stroke, 24" pin center, 2 1/2" bore and 1" pins. However, I can not seem to locate an aftermarket cylinder with those specs. I found some 3" bore cylinders but I know the body of the cylinder will be too wide to fit the pin mounts on the machine. I will keep you posted if I find anything. Please do the same.

/ Aftermarket terramite cylinders #5  
Nice work! I believe this would work. However, they are out of stock until September. I'll probably wait and order when they have stock.
Thanks!

bassdr, how did that cylinder work out for you? Just curious. I am ordering one for my machine now (finally!). By the way, my machine is a 1993, not a 1996.

/ Aftermarket terramite cylinders #7  
Any report on whether the replacement cylinders worked? I just salvaged a Terramite T5C from a collapsed barn...a couple of cylinders are missing...any measurements of boom, loader or stabilizers are greatly appreciated!

Yes. The cylinder was a perfect fit. Only a few items to note. I had to flip the hydraulic line connections from below to above the boom cylinder. The required SAE adapters take a bit more room. You will need a couple of adapters to convert the SAE fittings on the cylinder to the NPT fitting on the lines. Cylinder has been on for a while and working great.

/ Aftermarket terramite cylinders #9  
I've got a similar problem.I have a T7 with a curved boom and need a new crowd cylinder.The one that's on has a severely bent rod and its NOT an original cyl. All Im sure of is the Pins are 1". Sticker shock at Terramite is severe so Im looking around.The problem is I dont know the original specs for the cylinder and Terramite wont come off of them. I've asked on other forums and I keep getting different answers on the original part #.

/ Aftermarket terramite cylinders #10  
If you cant find the dimentions i would get the boom all the way up and start with the collapsed length.