Oil & Fuel Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #31  
jbrumberg said:
I'll accept weird as a self-descriptor :), but I prefer colorful or idiosyncratric :D! I feel like I am the company of my peers whenever I go on TBN :cool:. The colleagiality is refreshing and informative. We are all in this together! Jay

Weird works if ya can't spell "colleagiality".

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #32  
RoyJackson:

I have always suffered from polysyllabia as well as putyourfootinyourmouth disease :eek:. At least you know how to change fonts and colors :D! Jay

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #33  
jbrumberg said:
I'll accept weird as a self-descriptor :), but I prefer colorful or idiosyncratric :D! I feel like I am the company of my peers whenever I go on TBN :cool:. The colleagiality is refreshing and informative. We are all in this together! Jay

Well said Jay !!!!:D

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #34  
Roy
I can spell "collegiality" but I haven't got a clue what it means or how to say it.

I guess that makes me Weird too???

I always like the sound of the old Air starter motors on big diesels .

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #35  
jsborn said:
Roy
I can spell "collegiality" but I haven't got a clue what it means or how to say it.

I guess that makes me Weird too???

I always like the sound of the old Air starter motors on big diesels .

Yeah I'll second the air starter motors. Some of our new EMD Locomotives are equipped with air motors, and I'll tell ya what, if your not familiar with diesels, or comfortable around BIG equipment/machinery those suckers can be down right intimidating when they fire up !!!:D

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #36  
RoyJackson said:
Weird works if ya can't spell "colleagiality".

I'll go with weird Roy. But don't Jay paint a vivid verbal picture with all of his oratorical splendor.:)

I like diesel fumes close to dark, but my favorite is about daylight with the smell of fresh cut bahia in the field.

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #37  
I ain't much on diesel fumes and wiskey but cold beer and the lope of a of a Harley or race motor sure work for me. Oh, and the smell of castor oil coming from an exaust, but that is hard to find anymore.

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #38  
Offy said:
I ain't much on diesel fumes and wiskey but cold beer and the lope of a of a Harley or race motor sure work for me. Oh, and the smell of castor oil coming from an exaust, but that is hard to find anymore.

You talking about this? Man I love the way that smells. I used it in a Bultaco 200, made that thing fly.

Blendzall

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #39  
Sorry, we have no matches for colleagiality
Did you mean collegiality? Yes?....oh good because we got that!

col·le·gi·al·i·ty (k-lj-l-t) KEY

NOUN:

1) Shared power and authority vested among colleagues.

2) Roman Catholic Church The doctrine that bishops collectively share collegiate power.

/ Ahhh, the smell of diesel in the evening #40  
Diesel fumes are ok but I sure remember the smell of gasoline from the gas stations when I was a kid back in the 50's. Boy it smelled good