Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar

/ Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar #1  

rxdad2012

Bronze Member
Tractor
1978 Ford 2600 and 2020 Kubota BX23S
Anyone here got any feedback on Ai2's reversible bucket bar vs Bxpanded's version? Both look well made. My bx23s has the holes drilled that would accommodate the Ai2 right away. The Bxpanded requires drilling on the side of the FEL bucket, and it's not reversible. Yeah, pro/con list created already. But I was curious if anyone here has either version and your thoughts on which is better and why? Thanks guys!

/ Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar #2  
Looks like a lot of work to reverse the Ai2.

/ Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar
Looks like a lot of work to reverse the Ai2.
Very true! And is that really worth the effort? The Bxpanded one is about $40 cheaper as well

/ Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar #4  
Love my bxpanded bar.

/ Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar #5  
I do not own either toothbar in question, but do have the wicked from EA. The only reason I would ever want the straight edge is for backdragging, but I'll never take it off for that because it is 99% more useful for everything else with it on business end exposed. The wicked has 2 bolts, that one shows about 7-8 bolts. I have grown to accept the "raked" look.

Last edited:
   / Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar #6  
I have the piranha tooth bar on my B2650 and love it. I have dug into the sides of gravel pits, cut into hardened clay, cut through roots, and nicely scraped the top layer off grass of the lawn. I have removed the two bolts for the winter for the purpose of back blading for snow removal, and in the spring, put the bar back on with no problems. It is only two bolts.

I was actually looking at the bar in the barn last night, and on one tooth I noticed some rounding. I could get the angle grinder and touch it up, but for what I use it for, it is more than sufficient for years to come.

I know someone on here had one on their tractor and they were moving loads and loads of fill, commonly consisting of concrete chunks and they noticed some wear, but nothing concerning.

As for the A12 bar, I do not personally THINK that you would ever need to flip it around to use the flat part, as the edge of your bucket would be more than sufficient for most needs.

The piranha tooth bar also appears to stick out more, increasing bucket capacity, not much, but every little bit helps sometimes!

/ Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar #7  
I do not own either toothbar in question, but do have the wicked from EA. The only reason I would ever want the straight edge is for backdragging, but I'll never take it off for that because it is 99% more useful for everything else with it on business end exposed. The wicked has 2 bolts, that one shows about 7-8 bolts. I have grown to accept the "raked" look.
Your wicked tooth bar only uses 2 bolts? Mine uses 6 if I remember correctly.

When I got my toothbar I thought I would take it off to back drag, but I never have. It leaves a slight raked look but it doesn't last long especially on driveways.

/ Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar #8  
I believe there is the option to mount using two bolts in the side OR you can also do the bolts in the bucket lip. I just did the two.

Last edited:
   / Ai2 products reversible piranha bar VS Bxpanded piranha bar #9  
I have no experience with the alternative bar but, the BXpanded Piranha toothbar is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Mike