Air Compressor on Tractor?

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #1  

mred2

Platinum Member
Tractor
iseki tl3200, JD 450H dozer, LS XR4150, Genie Z34/22N lift
I was interested to know if anyone had mounted a small air compressor and tank on a tractor. It would be nice to blow out the radiator or the air cleaner in the middle of mowing the pasture. I would think the biggest question would be where to mount a tank. Maybe in front of the grill. It wouldn't take much of a compressor plugged into 12 volts to fill a small tank. Some one has to have already tried this.

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #2  
A small 12v compressor would take forever to fill even a small tank. I use a gas blower to clean out the radiators on my diesel mowers several times per day when mulching leaves. If you have a fel it may be simpler to just carry a blower in the bucket.

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #3  
Tractors in Eastern Europe are sold standard with air compressed since the use a lot of trailers with air brakes.

It would definitely come in handy to clear the radiator when mowing and even the air filter. Also would be nice to clear the cab or station of the tractor when working in dusty environments.

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #4  
Jeep guys have had 12v compressors on their Jeeps for years. ARB makes a nice one, but it’s a bit spendy. A tank of CO2 will probably last the season depending on how often you have to mow.

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #5  
I use either a battery powered leaf blower or take the tractor to the shop and use shop air.

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #6  
Neighbor has a Zetor 3320 built in the Checz. Republic back in the ;90's and it has a compressor. I didn't know that's what that was nor why the tractor had it....now I know. Thanks.

Seeing his was my first experience with the brand and WOW I am really impressed. The thing is built like a tank and has lots of bells and whistles, I guess to support the fact (rumor) that they are used for farming and also automobile functions over there.

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #7  
What brand are your cordless tools? I bet they have a blower for them. Just buy the tool.

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #8  
Tractors in Eastern Europe are sold standard with air compressed since the use a lot of trailers with air brakes.

It would definitely come in handy to clear the radiator when mowing and even the air filter. Also would be nice to clear the cab or station of the tractor when working in dusty environments.

You beat me to it!! Yes you can look at the Zetor; Belarus/MTZ and see how they've solved the problem

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #9  
Those are mostly belt driven just like our air brake equipped trucks are, they could be handy but also a pain to keep up with, draining the tanks daily especially in the winter, some will even have desiccant dryer modules which will require replacement or regeneration. Pressure reliefs on the compressor and the reservoir, lines and bleeders to gum and freeze up, even while being used.

/ Air Compressor on Tractor? #10  
You beat me to it!! Yes you can look at the Zetor; Belarus/MTZ and see how they've solved the problem

I confirm that all MTZ / Belarus tractors sold in USA/Canada (87 - 435 hp) come standard with Air Compressor installed on the engine. For a minor fee, the dealer will install air tanks to provide complete Air system.
K744 (435 hp) comes standard with air compressor and air tanks included.
See MTZ Equipment Ltd. | Official distributor of Minsk Tractor Works of Belarus in USA/Canada