Air Compressor Performance

/ Air Compressor Performance #52  
Ingersoll Rand 80 gallon type T30 v2. Was 10 hp 240v 3ph changed to 200/208v 15hp & increased motor pulley by 1/4 inch.
Zero ~ 200psi +- 171 seconds hot.
Replaced original air filter with an old air filter from my 1720 Ford tractor. Made a noticeable reduction in pump up time unfortunately I threw old filter out so no real numbers available🙁
Date on tank is 1967 rated for 200psi @ 650 degrees.
No photo file size is too big.
It was a freebee from a factory that was shutting down.

90cummins

/ Air Compressor Performance #53  
Inserting photos use to be easy.
Not sure if the process is more complicated or I’m getting dumb🙁
90cummins

IMG_8512.jpeg
IMG_8512.jpeg

/ Air Compressor Performance #54  
Having retired and just completed my final house/shop, I am treating myself to some nicer equipment. I have used an IR TS5L4 5HP 230V 175psi compressor for the last 25+ years and it has been very reliable. BUT, it is very noisy and (although not its fault), there's often a lot of water in the air. With the advent of battery power tools... which created my Milwaukee addiction, the usage of my compressor has changed. Predominately, it is used to release the safeties on my Bend Pak lifts, run the tire machine, and run the CNC plasma cutter which is REALLY finicky on having dry air.

As such, I just picked up a very, very, barely used CP QRS Rotary compressor - with a dryer. It does not have the CFM capacity of the faithful IR it is replacing but I really don't need it and the CP is very quiet when compared to the IR. I'm in process of building out a second floor where the CP will live and the IR has been listed on Facebook marketplace.

/ Air Compressor Performance #55  
Thought I’d mention that I often use compressed air to blow snow off vehicles before bringing them inside. I have two ball valves on a stand pipe so I can add alcohol to tank while pressurized in winter to keep lines from freezing.
I also blow grass off my mowers after each use. Because I have the volume & pressure I use pressure washer hoses & connections to minimize pressure drop. I use a 3 foot section of 3/8 tubing with a male pressure washer quick connectors and connect it to ball valve to make a long air gun. At 200 psi grass/snow & floor dirt disappear.
It’s an excellent duster!
90cummins