Air conditioner not working for E-42

/ Air conditioner not working for E-42 #11  
The charge kits with a gauge on the can are worthless for diagnosing a system problem. They only show the low side pressure.

The relief valves are there to save the compressor and usually release pretty high--Around 450psi or so. It's pretty obvious when they pop. You can have too much refrigerant and be well below 450psi on the high side. But don't count on all systems having a relief valve. Newer systems have a binary switch to control high and low pressure. (No relief valve.) The whole idea now days is to NOT release refrigerant to the atmosphere.

Everything is speculation until all the questions are answered. So far, we don't even know if the compressor is cycling or the fan(s) are working. :confused3:

/ Air conditioner not working for E-42
I used a gauge, but I don't know really know what I'm looking for. Sorry I'm an idiot, not my field of expertise. Guess I listen for the RPM. Thanks

/ Air conditioner not working for E-42
The fan is working…thanks

/ Air conditioner not working for E-42 #14  
Yes, the blower fan runs just fine. the light comes on for the AC switch, all filters are clean, fuses are good?ccording to the gauge the freon is slightly overcharged, but it came that way. I don't have the proper gauges. I have an R34 A gauge. Does the machine need to be running with AC on?
I don't know much about my machine?t only has less than 200 hrs.
Thanks
Yes, the engine needs to be running and the compressor operational. Best to just take into the shop. They have the proper tools to diagnose and repair the problem. It may just be the cycling switch but with it over charged, the refrigerant will need to be recovered, the system evacuated, checked for leaks and recharged.

/ Air conditioner not working for E-42 #15  
By the way, I hope you didn't inject any of that "super cool", "freeze", fix all crap. If the shop tests the refrigerant and finds it non-compliant, they could charge you a surcharge for recovery. Sometimes as high as $150 since it has to be recovered to its own tank to keep from contaminating recyclable refrigerant.

/ Air conditioner not working for E-42 #16  
Yes, the blower fan runs just fine. the light comes on for the AC switch, all filters are clean, fuses are good?ccording to the gauge the freon is slightly overcharged, but it came that way. I don't have the proper gauges. I have an R34 A gauge. Does the machine need to be running with AC on?
I don't know much about my machine?t only has less than 200 hrs.
Thanks

You mean a R-134A gauge? That should work (usually has two colors (like blue and red) on dial showing low and high side ranges). What was it reading...low side has a plastic cap on Schrader valve with L on cap, high side has a cap with H on cap.
Post a pic of your gauge and hose attached to it.

Yes, engine has to be on for AC to work...pump not pumping, no AC.

Here is a wiki and other instructive...

How to Recharge the Air Conditioner in a Car: 12 Steps
Recharging Your Car's Air Conditioner

/ Air conditioner not working for E-42 #17  
The charge kits with a gauge on the can are worthless for diagnosing a system problem. They only show the low side pressure.

The relief valves are there to save the compressor and usually release pretty high--Around 450psi or so. It's pretty obvious when they pop. You can have too much refrigerant and be well below 450psi on the high side. But don't count on all systems having a relief valve. Newer systems have a binary switch to control high and low pressure. (No relief valve.) The whole idea now days is to NOT release refrigerant to the atmosphere.

Everything is speculation until all the questions are answered. So far, we don't even know if the compressor is cycling or the fan(s) are working. :confused3:

Yeah, I heard down south (USA) has been environmentalists when it comes to refrigerant gases...up here, not so much....lol
Releasing R-12 into atmosphere is a bad thing, but his machine probably has R-134A or R-12A, both of which are not that bad in the grand scheme of things (coal powerplants or gas field flaring would be at the top of my list). Neither eats the Ozone. Although, their global warming potential has resulted in the Eurozone banning them in the future.
Heck, they even use those gases, for computer canned dusters, airsoft propellants and in inhalers....
Odd, how our big box store up here carries R-12A for recharging, yet have a gauge with R-134A on it...
Although, these gauges are cheap, they do show low and high side.
RED TEK A/C Refrigerant Recharge Kit | Canadian Tire

Here is a blurb on R-12A
RED TEK - 12a Refrigerant

/ Air conditioner not working for E-42 #18  
i feel like receiver dryers go bad in some equipment , always something to check for leaks . this is just a general statement not a ac guy here...anything else