Air conditioner woes

/ Air conditioner woes #51  
well, it really is a toss up here. They using natural gas fired turbines to generate electricity.
Also using a VRF system vs a standard HP helps
Called a peakers unit. I have pretty cheap heat as I heat with corn and I get my corn for free so all it costs me is the 150 watts to run the corn stove.

/ Air conditioner woes
At the end of the day, the original HVAC company that came out was basically trying to screw you over for $1,600 for a basic condenser fan motor and then up-sell you to a new complete system that you could finance.
Yah I'm hoping they do a follow-up phone call.
I told 'em I knew that someone at the office noted my system was X years old and it's time to upsell me a new one.
I suppose I'm lucky they didn't also want to look at the ductwork God knows they prolly have a diamond-encrusted golden duct system that I can't live without.

/ Air conditioner woes #53  
Up here in the cold north, you'd have to be rich to heat with electricity.
Geothermal is cheaper than LP here.

/ Air conditioner woes #54  
The corn heat is so cheap, I went and bought another corn burner from Facebook Marketplace and refurbished it and it's now in the shop and I'll be idling my propane fired in floor pex heat this winter. Heating a 10" thick concrete slab, 40 x 40 is quite expensive even with 6" of pink foam insulation underneath and on the sides, in the rat wall. I like a warm floor to work on but I don't like the propane bill, it's currently at $2.39 a gallon here and will probably go up appreciably over the cold months.

/ Air conditioner woes #55  
Geothermal is cheaper than LP here.
At my age the ROI on geothermal makes it a non starter. Geothermal is cheaper than anything but the equipment cost is substantial. My buddy who is quite a bit younger than I am, just put up a new home and did it. I believe his electric bill runs 70 bucks a month year around, heat and ac. My corn burner is around 85% efficient and ut backup propane furnace is 90+. It don't get used much, just on real cold days when the corn burner cannot keep up. The corn burner is rated at 85K btu on high. I rarely run it that hard.

/ Air conditioner woes #56  
Called a peakers unit. I have pretty cheap heat as I heat with corn and I get my corn for free so all it costs me is the 150 watts to run the corn stove.
It's about $7 a bushel now. How are you getting it for free, walking the field after harvest?

That's a lot of work for an old guy like you.;);)