Air Filter Elements

/ Air Filter Elements #1  

don716

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch
Is there a different brand of air filter that can be purchased cheaper than the OEM brand? I looked it up on Google and could only find one for 35.00. I need the outer element for a B7500 HST.The Kubota part # is 6C060-99410.I was thinking that maybe WIX might sell them a little cheaper.I blow it out with a air hose but I think it needs replaced.
Donny

/ Air Filter Elements #2  
A hole in an air filter the size of a pencil can change the life expenctancy from 10,000 hours to about 300 hours. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish! Use a good filter.

jb

/ Air Filter Elements #3  
john_bud said:
A hole in an air filter the size of a pencil can change the life expenctancy from 10,000 hours to about 300 hours. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish! Use a good filter.

jb

I'd agree, not to be smart - but you have a $35 filter protecting a $4500 engine. When I look at this kinda stuff, I look to spend an extra few dollars (when available) for the best product out there.

/ Air Filter Elements #4  
You know for sure that the Kubota filter will fit and do the job right. If you do use a aftermarket filter, make sure that it is from a quality manufacture and for your specific model. This is one instance where a part has to fit perfect or it will cost big money.

/ Air Filter Elements #5  
See what kind of price you can find on a Kubota one at TractorSmart.com.

/ Air Filter Elements
Cheapest one I can find is $35.00.I guess I will go ahead and pay the price for a good one.
Donny

/ Air Filter Elements
Well, I went ahead and bought one.$40.53. I hope it lasts a while.Thanks for the advise.
Donny

/ Air Filter Elements #8  
Kubota air filters are expensive but they don't need to be replaced very often. I have a filter minder on mine and won't change it until it gives indication of restriction.