Air Filter Restriction Indicator

/ Air Filter Restriction Indicator #1  

BravoXray

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, John Deere 430 Diesel
I noticed soon after I bought my BX that there was an 1/8" male threaded fitting on the air filter housing, and I wondered about connecting a restriction gauge to monitor the health of the air filter.
I have a restriction filter on my Yanmar powered genset, but finding a place to mount one on the BX where it would be easily seen didn't seem obvious. Then I found a restriction gauge for a Ford Power Stroke engine that has an internal switch to tell the operator the filter needs attention. At less than $20, it seemed like a solution to my problem. With a collection of fittings, a length of 1/4" DOT plastic air line, a cushion clamp, a hunk of aluminum angle, a 1/4" bolt and nut, a 150 series female metri-pack connector, 3 feet of plastic wire conduit, two sets of male and female bullet connectors and some 18 ga. wire, it was installed and hooked up.
I connected the switch to the HST warning light in the dash, which isn't used on the BX.
Now, if the air filter gets plugged up and gets the restriction gauge into the yellow, close to the red, it turns on the HST light.

Air Filter Restriction Senson.jpg

IMG_20230527_192334355 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20230527_192442127 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20230527_192508311 (Medium).jpg