Air filter system for 1972 Ford 2000 gasoline

/ Air filter system for 1972 Ford 2000 gasoline #1  

Bobby R

Silver Member
Tractor
1972 Ford 2000
I recently purchased a 3 cylinder gasoline Ford 2000 and it is missing the air filter system. I am wondering where I can find a used one from a parts tractor or somewhere. I need the complete system from where it attaches to the carb on. The tractor has about a 5 inch hole in the left side of the hood where I assume part of the air filter fits through. I assume the rest of it is rubber or metal duct from the carb to the filter housing going through the hood.
I would also like some information of a power steering kit for this same tractor, or maybe a power steering system from a parts tractor that will work on it.
Any help or information will be appreciated.

Last edited:
   / Air filter system for 1972 Ford 2000 gasoline #2  
I see a shameful amount of heavy trucks sent to the scrapyard. I think you could find a working air filter system easy there, even a small diesel's system likely would be overkill for your tractor.

/ Air filter system for 1972 Ford 2000 gasoline #3  
a salvage yard with a 3000 gasser may be your best bet to get the steering column and pump and assorted hardware needed to convert, plus the air cleaner

reson i say 3000, is becuase the 2000 was an economy unit.. easier to find PS on a 3000.. etc...

otherwise, ytmag has SOME parts for the air cleaner.. but not all..

Discount Tractor Parts and Manuals for Older and Antique Tractors System / Air Intake&r=mcats

/ Air filter system for 1972 Ford 2000 gasoline
Okay, thanks guys! I'll see if I can locate a scrapyard somewhere fairly close by. I appreciate the input from you both!

/ Air filter system for 1972 Ford 2000 gasoline #5  
call gulf south equipment they will have the complete air cleaner system i have one also but dont wont to let it go never know when i might need a piece of it. now the powersteering if u aint going to put a loader on the tractor your cheapest route would be to by a aftermarket powersteering system the factory system even though it is used will cost around 1200-1500 dollars for the complete system

Thanks for the information. Any idea where I can get an after-market power steering system for it?

/ Air filter system for 1972 Ford 2000 gasoline #7  
just do a online search they are made by a few different companies i get mine from a man in texas which is about 30 miles from me he gets them by the hundreds from overseas

I tired an online search without a lot of luck. (I'm not a computer whiz--Ha!) But I'll try again. I live in East Texas, so was wondering if the man you get yours from would be fairly close to me as well.

/ Air filter system for 1972 Ford 2000 gasoline #9  
where at in east texas he is in newton and i am in deridder i believe i might have a couple of the breather systems i would just have to go and look for them

I'm near Lufkin, which is about 50 miles or so from Newton. I was in DeRidder just last week to buy a guitar amp from a guy there. If you can find an air filter system that will work on my tractor, I'd sure be interested in it. Thanks in advance for looking for it.