Air intake L4150

/ Air intake L4150 #1  

jjeff

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
Recently changed all fluids and filters on this l4150 wondering what this intake snorkel is for and if I should bother to fill it with oil? Or aquire a paper element for it? Never had one, did clean it out though it gets pretty fouled up when I'm using it to chip, till, or hog with it. has the main inner and outer filters in the canister.

Attachments

• KIMG1968.JPG
    KIMG1968.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • KIMG1966.JPG
    KIMG1966.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • KIMG1965.JPG
    KIMG1965.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • KIMG1967.JPG
    KIMG1967.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
   / Air intake L4150 #2  
Never seen a later model Kubota with anything but a dry paper element air filter, you don't want to 'oil' anything in there, just renew the paper filters. That tractor is filthy, time for a bath.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Air intake L4150
Never seen a later model Kubota with anything but a dry paper element air filter, you don't want to 'oil' anything in there, just renew the paper filters. That tractor is filthy, time for a bath.
Tilled several dry acres in dust, afraid to wash Kubota has no idea of filter needed for it I'm still running dual filtration in the can. Lol afraid to wash as long as the filters and fluids are somewhat clean I'm ok with it. Ido clean around all filter housings and fluid caps before servicing.

/ Air intake L4150 #4  
Looks to be a Donaldson can. I'd inquire with them about the filters if the item numbers aren't on the filters themselves. Keep in mind, a failing filter will destroy any engine quickly.

/ Air intake L4150
It's a mid to late 80s

/ Air intake L4150
Looks to be a Donaldson can. I'd inquire with them about the filters if the item numbers aren't on the filters themselves. Keep in mind, a failing filter will destroy any engine quickly.
Still has the main Kubota filtration system near the intake, the smaller snorkel just feeds the dual filters in the can

/ Air intake L4150
Oh jeez, my technical handicap is highlighted anyways posted new pictures 1st one is the dual filter Kubota air filter can next pictures are of the external intake/ snorkel leading to factory Kubota can.

/ Air intake L4150 #8  
The plastic bowl filter just clean it. Its a dry dust collector no oil needed...

/ Air intake L4150
The plastic bowl filter just clean it. Its a dry dust collector no oil needed...
Thanks that's what I was figuring, glad I can post stuff like this to more knowledgeable folks on here. To many filters probably starve the tractor for air.

/ Air intake L4150 #10  
Not really so long as they are clean. Both mine have Donaldson 'filter minders' on the cans. So does my pickup truck not that they ever see use as I keep the filters renewed often.