Air tool connection question

/ Air tool connection question #11  
Eye protection is important for sure - but the concern for me would be getting a very nasty cut - the kind that leaves you with parts missing. The disk can grab causing you to lose your grip, or the tool can go scuttling across the surface you're working on.

Use both hands when you can, and keep the free hand out of the way when you can't.

/ Air tool connection question #12  
<font color=blue>oopsey. I kind of figured if it would cut steel it would go through a vine like the proverbial hot knife through butter. I guess that, as is often the case, I figured wrong?</font color=blue>

It will cut thru wood, just not as good as a saw blade.

Mind the other advice regarding saftey. Have a firm grip on it when you pull the trigger, it has a lot of torque & the body (as opposed to the spinning wheel) will rotate when you start it up.

Enjoy, more power (insert tim allen grunts here)

/ Air tool connection question
Well, as it turned out, the cut off tool I bough was defective, and they didn't have any others in stock. So instead I got an air-powered 3/8 inch drive air drill. The guy helped me rig up a cutting wheel for this, and I'm sure I can find other wheels.. perhaps from Dremel, to do about anything I want. At least I hope so. We'll see how this works out for general purpose use.

At least this one has a normal handle like most hand drills, so that problem of it turning in my hand should be minimized. Whether this will do what I want remains to be seen, but at least I have a nice air drill now. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif That is, assuming this one isn't defective also. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Thanks for all the pointers, folks!

/ Air tool connection question #14  
I hope this isn't to late but i'm a diemaker at work and put
a 6' soft rubber hose from grinder to quick-connect this way for
grinding overhead in a large press this set-up is lighter and more flexible.
More access to tight areas and can use on bench w/o getting big airline out.
This is nice set-up on drills and blow-guns too.

/ Air tool connection question
<font color=blue>I hope this isn't to late...</font color=blue>

NEVER too late for good advice! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thanks.. I did the mod to my air drill, and it made a big difference in ease of use and ability to access. I don't see it as needed yet for some of my other tools, but I can always change my mind later. In the meantime, this was a good change. Thanks, everybody...

Bob

/ Air tool connection question #16  
The leader hose is protection for your main hose. If you use it a lot, the constant flexing of the hose at the tool will ultimately lead to failure of the hose near the end. It would be easier and cheaper to replace a leader hose than the main hose. That said, I don't use leader hoses either. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif But I don't use mine all that much anyhow.

/ Air tool connection question #17  
Trev,
As mentioned, the swivel at the end of the leader hose or just prior to the quick connect also helps reduce hose wear.
PJ