air tool lubricants

/ air tool lubricants #11  
I hope it's ok to post a question like this. I just purchased a impact wrench to use with my Kubota and other things. It calls for air tool oil for lubrication. Is air tool oil different than regular oil?? Also, the impact wrench came with instructions that are of no help to me. I see it has an dial on the bottom with the numbers 0-4 on it but I don't know how to set it. The wrench has a max of 380 ft pounds of torque and thats about all I know. As you can see I am new at air tools.

Thanks for any help. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
SO, Power steering fluid, ATF, and fork oil for motorcycle suspension is all compatible with each other and will not harm seals, and they also do not attract moisture, and are not going to gum up on you and are extremely good lubricants. They do good with cold temperatures aswell, they HAVE TO (think winter). YES you can use ANY of them in pneumatic air tools. Do not use brake fluid, that stuff eats away at everything!

/ air tool lubricants #12  
SO, Power steering fluid, ATF, and fork oil for motorcycle suspension is all compatible with each other and will not harm seals, and they also do not attract moisture, and are not going to gum up on you and are extremely good lubricants. They do good with cold temperatures aswell, they HAVE TO (think winter). YES you can use ANY of them in pneumatic air tools. Do not use brake fluid, that stuff eats away at everything!
congrats dude, 20 year old thread back to to the top, has to be some kind of record.

/ air tool lubricants #13  
Crankcase oil is similar to 20 or 30 weight automotive oil. Air tool oil has special rust inhibitors and is very thin. Interchanging the oils will cause problems in either

willy

/ air tool lubricants #14  
Been using Marvel Mystery Oil for 50 years. Never had a problem with any of my air tools.

/ air tool lubricants #16  
Blaster ATC(air tool conditioner)can really bring an older air tool up to snuf!
Good stuff-spray can-check it out!