Ala Red Neck Roll-over Bar

/ Ala Red Neck Roll-over Bar #1  

jmf7112001

Silver Member
Tractor
Many different models
A few days ago I was wondering around a trade day. I look in this vendors pile of junk and I same this roll over bar. It looks like it was for a Kobota. I judging that by the color of it when I got it. But I had just bought a new cutting tourch and need a project so I bought it for $40. I had to but a piece of 1/4 plate to go inside the box, so for $50 I got a roll over bar. I saw several advantage to designing this way. Number one it was easy to convert and number two buy running the pto thru the center, it afforded an addition safety factor. Just thought I share my "Ala Red Neck Roll-over Bar"

Attachments

• 49-203249-RolloverI.jpg
    49-203249-RolloverI.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 220
   / Ala Red Neck Roll-over Bar #2  
Pretty fancy roll bar for red neck riggin'. It looks as if a goodly dab of skill and thought went into that one. Looks really good. Any clearance issues? Ie., Putting in pins or reaching anything? Nice job jmf!

/ Ala Red Neck Roll-over Bar
I got about 1/16 clearence when the arms are up. The only problem is using the tiller mounting hardware. It would have to be remove to mount it, but so what thats twice a year. And with the removal of 4 bolts it off.

Attachments

• 49-203262-RolloverII.jpg
    49-203262-RolloverII.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 112
   / Ala Red Neck Roll-over Bar #4  
FYI,
I printed and saved the pic of your roll over bar. I need one also and I have what looks like a complex setup. I'd have to go through the fenders or do it like you did. Ever consider making them for others, (like me)? I looks great. Email me if at all interested in making another one. thanks, brett w

/ Ala Red Neck Roll-over Bar #5  
Joe,
I see you replaced your seat. Where did you get the seat and brackets to mount it? I'm in need of replacing mine.

Rich

/ Ala Red Neck Roll-over Bar #6  
Nice looking job! One issue you may want to think about is if the roll bar is attached strongly enough so that in the event of a roll the transmission case is not cracked. I notice in early US models with rollbars the engineers really spread the load. On the 186 there are heavy brackets that attach to the fender mounting bolts and the lower lift arm attachment points. Later on the rollbars were attached to less places. I don't know if they strengthened the transmission case or recalculated the forces involved in a roll. In any case I would gladly trade my tractor for my life but it would be cake if the tractor survived the roll too.

Chris

/ Ala Red Neck Roll-over Bar #7  
Joe, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this cutting torch you just bought is not the first one that you have been in contact with.....Very nice job.