All in a days work

/ All in a days work #11  
Unbelievable your tractor burned up. That is so sad.
But like woodlandfarms said, you are one tough guy to swallow it up like that and get back to work. Sounds like you've been around the block a few times.

/ All in a days work #12  
Ouch. :( Sorry about the fire. I hope your insured for a loss like that. (?) Good luck on the outcome.

/ All in a days work
The tractor was leaking hydro oil out of the loader valve bank all day, not a huge amount but was making a mess. I think it must of had a wire short out and light the oil. The tractor was far from new but well kept. It was an early 90's and had around 20k hours on it. I do not own the tractor my boss does, but I have done a huge amount of work with it over the years. I didn't sleep worth a darn that night thinking how I could have done some thing to have minimized the damage. We had another one similer to this one burn a couple years ago and the electronics involved cost more than the machine is worth.
We have great farm land up here. It is all river bottom land with no rocks. If you find a rock somebody put it there. It also drains excellent which is important because it normally floods every spring.
Rob