All so different, what would you design?

/ All so different, what would you design? #1  

DaryleD

Silver Member
Tractor
BX 2660, NH Workmaster 55
I have been wanting a utv for a couple of years now, and am still not sure which. Why; because they all have different features, abilities and prices. Wouldn't it be nice to design a utv that would have the best of everything? I know that the utv manufacturers don't want to clone each other, so that they can all shine in one area or another, but man, it would be nice to just have to pick "which color" you liked better, instead of having to make a 6k-16k dollar comprimise. what would you guys include in your design? I would include the following....

true automatic trans, or hydro
hydro dump bed
fast travel speed, with a low range lock, for younger drivers safety
factory, removable cab
differential lock, front and rear as needed
plush, when empty, but capable suspension to haul heavy loads I believe it is possible to have pretty much of both within reason.

/ All so different, what would you design? #2  
All good points.
However, I use a different set of criteria when choosing.
If it's a machine that is in critical use, it's vital to have some sort of backup.
So I choose the make depending on proximity of nearest dealer for the make, and the quality of relationship I have with them.
With me it was Deere, so that's the route I took.

However, external hydraulics on Kubota would have been very attractive, but no dealers, at all, near me.

/ All so different, what would you design? #3  
I bought a 550 Mule about 10 yrs. ago. JD & Kawasaki were all that was available in this area then. Having grown up on JD, I just liked the features of the Mule better. Mostly the bench seat instead of two seperate seats. I found 2 out of 4 dealers didn't seem to care whether they sold anyting or not. One JD dealer,who had a 4-wheel Gator sitting next to his front door told me "there's one setting out there" as he walked away, I went elswhere! Dealers DO make a difference. ~~ grnspot110