All TnT Created Equal?

/ All TnT Created Equal?
TX, thanks for sharing the information about the TnT set up on your L5030. The dealer has mentioned that he has installed both the Kubota and the aftermarket (Gearmore, I believe) SCV and remotes recently, so I have asked him to notify me next time he installs either version in a customer's machine so I can run down and take a look. He personally believes that the aftermarket control is more "naturally" placed for box scraper use, but the Kubota arrangement (i.e., under the seat) may be more to my liking. I will be able to make a decision once I see them (and, perhaps, test them out).

As you mention, the hoses and cylinders that the dealer typically installs are the Gearmore ones. If it looks like he will give me some discount off Gearmore's list if I get the hoses and cylinders when I purchase everything else, then I think I will do it. On the other hand, I can live without a functional TNT for a little bit, leaving me some time to shop around for some better or less expensive hoses and cylinders.

/ All TnT Created Equal? #12  
Riddler, are you saying that the Kubota remotes have their control levers below the seat somewhere on the Grand L’s? I was thinking that they mounted on the right fender but haven’t seen one in person. That would certainly seem like it would be hard to watch the rear implement and be reaching below the seat at the same time to make an adjustment.

MarkV

/ All TnT Created Equal? #13  
Hey Mark, the L30's have 3 slots just behind the 3 pt hitch lever and directly next to you on the right side of the seat. They have levers that extend down through the slots to a valve body below. It would be pretty clean and the location pretty handy. Rat...

/ All TnT Created Equal? #14  
Thanks Mark, that is how I thought it was. Just misunderstood what Riddler was saying. My bad. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MarkV

/ All TnT Created Equal?
Mark, you're right, I did not do nearly as good a job describing the Kubota arrangement as RaT did. Sorry for the confusion.

/ All TnT Created Equal? #17  
Rat, we are in a new place where I stand out on the deck and look at our little 5 acre pond while drinking coffee. Life is good. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We are not building a new structure but will be doing a rather aggressive remodel with some additions. I could use a good electrician but I don’t pay travel time. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MarkV

/ All TnT Created Equal? #18  
Does anybody have any links or web sites they can share for the cylinders and the linkages you speak of? I'll prob have my hoses made locally.

I ordered my 3830 with Kubota valves and want some aftermarket parts to finish the job. Kubota wanted $700 for the T&T package....Not likely.

/ All TnT Created Equal?
Jim, the following is a link to a post describing a successful do-it-yourself top 'n tilt cylinder project on a JD:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=custom&Number=326543&Forum=custom&Words=Hydraulic%20Top%20Link&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=326543&Search=true#Post326543

Like you, I would like more information on where the appropriate cylinders and linkages can be purchased to complete the top 'n tilt on a Kub Grand L.

By the way, how do like your 3830? How did you settle on it as opposed to the 3130 or the 3430?

/ All TnT Created Equal? #20  
Mark, congratulations, you figured it out. Now the trick is to keep it going. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif