Allied /farm king 6610snow blower open bevel gear set /bearing change, need help

/ Allied /farm king 6610snow blower open bevel gear set /bearing change, need help #1  

RAYJAY

Silver Member
Tractor
LS 3039H
hi all need to change a bearing on the gear set side of my snow blower, has anyone pull the bevel geaers off the shaft ? gear does have a woodruff key but cannot find a mechanical fastener to hold gear on can not see it being a pressfit where its located at any help please

Jeff

/ Allied /farm king 6610snow blower open bevel gear set /bearing change, need help #2  
Wondering if you found how the gears move. I have this same blower and something moved so the bevel gears are now binding on my snow blower.

/ Allied /farm king 6610snow blower open bevel gear set /bearing change, need help
Wondering if you found how the gears move. I have this same blower and something moved so the bevel gears are now binding on my snow blower.
Did call Buhler the tech said the gear are just push on not pressed fit, check your bearings on the fan and side shaft to the auger shear pin shaft the outside bearing did go bad on me there going to pull the gears in spring or as soon as i can get a extra set of gears in case i break on removing the gear the bearing numbers are AEL206-104

/ Allied /farm king 6610snow blower open bevel gear set /bearing change, need help #4  
Did call Buhler the tech said the gear are just push on not pressed fit, check your bearings on the fan and side shaft to the auger shear pin shaft the outside bearing did go bad on me there going to pull the gears in spring or as soon as i can get a extra set of gears in case i break on removing the gear the bearing numbers are AEL206-104
Thanks for the info. I have it in the shop thawing and will check that tomorrow.

/ Allied /farm king 6610snow blower open bevel gear set /bearing change, need help
Do you have your book for your blower ? the break down is on page 14 you have the gear and 3 shim washers, mine was hitting to deep into the gear, so i shimmed out the bearing holder for the time being, i also cut down the guard that covers the gears so i can lift up the cover to check them , also when i do replace the gears, will do a write up / vid of how i did it. these gears are the biggest mystery ever.....

/ Allied /farm king 6610snow blower open bevel gear set /bearing change, need help #6  
I dug into mine today and found that the collar on the cross shaft bearing had broke the rim on the bearing and wedges between the bearing and gear causing the gears to run tight. Running like this also caused the bearings on both ends of the cross shaft to start running elliptical. When I removed the collars they look like someone smashed them onto the bearings. I have the cross shaft out and need to replace both bearings. I am trying to attach a picture showing the damage on the bearing.
AA14DC3D-0215-4411-9357-15AD19FB2B1F.jpeg

the bearings are cam locks that happens some times when the bearing freezes up , did you get the gear off of the shaft?

/ Allied /farm king 6610snow blower open bevel gear set /bearing change, need help #8  
Once I had the shaft off the gear slides off the end. Those gears just float on the shaft is what I found. The shims keep them from rubbing on the bearing and all that keeps them from coming off the end is the fact that the gears are meshed together. The gear did not slide easy at first I removed the bolts for the bearing holder on each end of the cross shaft and then pulled the shaft out using the wall of the open gear box to pull the bearing off the shaft.

Once I had the shaft off the gear slides off the end. Those gears just float on the shaft is what I found. The shims keep them from rubbing on the bearing and all that keeps them from coming off the end is the fact that the gears are meshed together. The gear did not slide easy at first I removed the bolts for the bearing holder on each end of the cross shaft and then pulled the shaft out using the wall of the open gear box to pull the bearing off the shaft.
thank you . will see if that will work for me as soon as my left knee feels better just had a replacement done on December 12Th.