Buying Advice Allis Chalmers D-15 Series II: Need help with pricing

/ Allis Chalmers D-15 Series II: Need help with pricing #11  
Given the photos and information given, it's worth about $0.12 per pound. No, I'm not kidding. If somebody wants to buy it to restore, and that is a use that you desire, give him a good deal. He will have several thousand dolars more invested in the restoration than it will ever be worth.

Agreed.

You mentioned taking plugs out so I assume it is a gas motor. tractrodata lists it @ 4000lbs. Maybe another ~1500 with the loader.

Scrap in my area is $250/ton. So If I was a buyer....I wouldnt feel confident paying more than about $700. Because as a buyer, you dont know if there are major things wrong and WONT know until teardown. And if it has major things wrong, like cracked castings, busted gears in rear or trans, etc......@ scrap price, You can atleast recoup your money.

And IF someone were to buy it to do a full restore, we all know that person is going to have WAY more money invested than he/she will EVER be able to sell it for.

IF you can get the motor freed up and at least running, That would bring the value IMO to ~$1200-$1500 to soemone who wants to restore it.

Good luck. Maybe they will bite on $1k as is. But I doubt anyone serious will.