Ballast almost flipped the tractor, really need some help!

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #241  
Welcome also. I wish there was a seatbelt light on the dash to remind me, no buzzers or nannys, just a light. If I'm moving the tractor out to let it warm up and get off, I'm probably safe going thirty feet straight ahead...
But once I go to work, it's easy to forget. And I'm a 100% wearer in the car.

When I pick up a back wheel boy do I check my belt mentally. But I need to make it part of my start up mental procedure. My smaller open tractor has a ROPS and belt, and I use that belt constantly, but somehow getting in the cab, I'm fiddling with the heat or the stereo while the engine warms up, and I forget the belt. Hopefully not any more. I think the backhoe will solve the OP's issues, but geez just pay extra attention on slopes. Gravity makes it all work but keep your apples in the applecart.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #242  
dgoyette, the background scenery in your pic looks beautiful!

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #243  
Welcome to TBN! I am glad your scare didn't result in injury or damage. I don't know if you are still a newby or not, but always remember that flimsy looking seat belt is a real life saver when your tractor has a ROPS, as yours does. Also, a hoe can provide stability in some scenarios and cause instability in others, so take it slow, keep your ROPS up, and your seat belt tight.
Thanks for the Welcome! I have had a couple of years of practice but in many ways still a newbie as I learn new things all the time. I also confess to not using the seatbelt as recommended. I will make a point to start using it so the belt and ROPs can do their job should I ever roll it.

Thanks!

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #244  
Holy smokes!!!!

Fortunately, you were going up and down and not sidehill.

You could "liquid fill" the front and rear tires, but the calcium carbonate solutions rusts the H out of the tires.

I had the tires on my JD2305 "foam rubber filled" which increased the weigt from 50 to 300 pounds on each of the rear tires, and permanently flat-proofs them. It was an arm and a leg to have them foamed, but I found a less expensive place (after the fact, of course).

You could:
foam fill the rear tires;
Install rear wheel weights
install weight on the back

or
Keep off the slopes, don't lift anything too heavy with the FEL and by all means, keep the FEL Low to the ground.

Get it in to the dealer about the problem going up slopes before the warranty runs out. By the look of the second picture, some of your H-Gard hydraulic fluid could have run out.

The main thing - You are not hurt or in a wheel chair for eternity.

Foam fill the tires.

SC

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #245  
dgoyette, the background scenery in your pic looks beautiful!

Thanks, my property is about 100 acres near the Maine / New Hampshire boarder. It's a 170 year old Farm that I love, I know this has gone off topic but here are a couple more shots of the back of the house / barn.

photo 1.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

I will have to start my own thread of my place and tractors sometime soon.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #246  
   / almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #248  
I know a guy who did this in a John deere 260 skid steer carrying a boulder too high on level ground. It shook him up so much that either him or his wife decided to sell it. Thats how I aquired it. He had 26 hours on it and used it for snow removal and lite landscape work. It was garaged next to his Lexus . As corperate executive he could afford the extra BIG toy, for a while anyway. Glad your ok. JG

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #249  
Thanks, my property is about 100 acres near the Maine / New Hampshire boarder. It's a 170 year old Farm that I love, I know this has gone off topic but here are a couple more shots of the back of the house / barn.

View attachment 289715View attachment 289716View attachment 289717

That's a beautiful setup. I'd love it too. I really appreciate scenic beauty so I could definitely be pretty happy just looking.

/ almost flipped the tractor, really need some help! #250  

View attachment 289715View attachment 289716View attachment 289717

That is some beautiful property, I haven't been up that way for many years. Would love to visit that area again, just not during the winter.