Almost had a SEDGEWOOD!!!!!!!

/ Almost had a SEDGEWOOD!!!!!!! #51  
Glad to learn that you're up and running again. I am very curious to see what the "autopsy" shows on your old starter. Please keep us posted.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

/ Almost had a SEDGEWOOD!!!!!!!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well yesterday I put new starter from duezt on and diconnected old ignition. Only left ignition switch to run fuel shut off and glow plug and insturment panel. Put marine push button ignition under the hood near left side of fuel tank . I would have put it on the panel but I like the idea of Its kinda difficult to steal unless u know were switch is. Started up and ran all day no smoking starter or wires, just have to send old starter to duetz to see what is up with it. )</font>

Now we all know where the switch is. LOL! My 1430 would love to have a twin.

/ Almost had a SEDGEWOOD!!!!!!! #53  
Hey ,maybe power trac makes these tractors start up and drive themselfs back to tazwell for resale .

/ Almost had a SEDGEWOOD!!!!!!!
Ya know what? We are not alone. Was reading The Farm Show yesterday and one artical about a John Deere and another about a New Holland, both cought fire while sitting. The New Holland was parked in the barn and burned the whole barn down. Advice given,( now where have I heard this before? ) install a battery disconnect switch. I'm going to wire that thing up one of these days.

/ Almost had a SEDGEWOOD!!!!!!! #55  
My mechanic friend at Motorcycle consultant in mansfield CT told me the way they had mine wired that the ground did not work properly due to the 2nd soleniod switch. instead of grounding out to ground it would ground out to 2nd solenoid switch. Thats what would get juice going to the starter. Its is like they used 2nd soleniod as a ground. The only way he new this was when he worked on caterpillers a while back they had same set up but with dico switch on pos .bat. cable. and if you did not cut it off he said it would start . But it never caught on fire. We checked all wires and never found a short . He showed me how to use a ac/dc meter pretty easy when u know how it works ( dam instructions )

/ Almost had a SEDGEWOOD!!!!!!! #56  
<font color="blue"> Its kinda difficult to steal unless u know were switch is.

Now we all know where the switch is. </font>

What did you say your address was?

/ Almost had a SEDGEWOOD!!!!!!! #57  
It s 357 Smith Wesson Dr ,Death Valley Ca.

/ Almost had a SEDGEWOOD!!!!!!! #59  
Thought i would updated everyone on my tractor. I recieved my starter back from duetz and they determined it was caught on fire by overcranking. the new starter and start switch have been on for 4 months and no self starting problems. I tried to get reinbursed from power trac for the starter and they said no way. It seems their warrenty does not cover duetz parts that they brokefrom a bad start wire grounding out? I like my 1430 but warrenty sucks. Power trac sent me new starter soleniod and key switch that was it