ALMOST Stuck in the Mud

/ ALMOST Stuck in the Mud #11  
Yes; nice feeling when you get traction again ... I'v been stuck in different ways ...

I'v played in the snow a fair amount now. Adding rear chains has helped get traction; along with weight in the bucket and on the rear box grader and then at last resort curling the bucket ... when I was in a rush this summer backfilling a foundation the front 4WD shear pin - sheared- I used it a couple of days without 4 WD on a steep slope where I kept losing traction with the rears; ended pushing up the slope with the bucket.

Im considering a backhoe; can you mount that one on your 186??? (....maybe I can borrow your backhoe ... :D .... there so expensive)

/ ALMOST Stuck in the Mud
Im considering a backhoe; can you mount that one on your 186???
I don't know about this one. Yanmar recommended it for 19 hp and up, and they were generally sold with YM240. My YM240 can barely lift it and the hydraulic bypass squeals while I drive around.

I intend to try it on the little YM186D some day. But I think there is a substantial risk of ripping the back out of the transmission, on a tractor as small as YM186D. I was warned by two dealers that they had seen this happen and they recommended against any 3-point backhoe under any circumstances. The shock loads from driving around are apparently worse than operating loads.

There was a smaller BH that Yanmar sold with YM186D. YBH650 Operator's Manual.