Alternative Fluid for HST Compact Tractors

/ Alternative Fluid for HST Compact Tractors #1  

KamloopsBC

Tractor
Bobcat CT 225
I have about 75 hours on new Bobcat hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid in my 2013 Bobcat CT225 (basically a Kioti). I am reluctant to by more fluid from bobcat if I don't have to. Apart from all of the regular tractor transmission/hydraulic oils out there, I also have good availability for Cat TDTO 30 in my area. From all of my research, all of these fluids are basically the same. I don't think it matters too much on the manufacturer. I need a couple liters on hand for top up with filter changes and small leaks. I would rather not mix oils for top ups, but on the other hand if I don't have to pay list price to bobcat and can get an equivalent that will work why not. I'm sure Bobcat does not make the oil and I know at the end of the day there are only a couple manufacturers for oils, which is no different than fuels. The only difference would be the additives in the blend. Does anyone have any input on this?

/ Alternative Fluid for HST Compact Tractors #2  
all tractors ive ever operated list multiple brands of oil int their manuals. my kioti listed kioti brand as well as mobi,shell, and other brands on a chart. they just list the minimum requirements. I have never used Kiotis own oil as its too expensive.

i use Shell Donax-TD in mine.

/ Alternative Fluid for HST Compact Tractors #3  
I have about 75 hours on new Bobcat hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid in my 2013 Bobcat CT225 (basically a Kioti). I am reluctant to by more fluid from bobcat if I don't have to. Apart from all of the regular tractor transmission/hydraulic oils out there, I also have good availability for Cat TDTO 30 in my area. From all of my research, all of these fluids are basically the same. I don't think it matters too much on the manufacturer. I need a couple liters on hand for top up with filter changes and small leaks. I would rather not mix oils for top ups, but on the other hand if I don't have to pay list price to bobcat and can get an equivalent that will work why not. I'm sure Bobcat does not make the oil and I know at the end of the day there are only a couple manufacturers for oils, which is no different than fuels. The only difference would be the additives in the blend. Does anyone have any input on this?
Seems like you’re answering your own question ie. “fluids are basically the same”, “only a couple of manufacturers for oils”, and since you’re worried about buying from the dealer in case you overspend by a few dollars just follow your heart and buy the cheapest oil that you find, even though you don’t want to mix oils. Don’t sweat it…😉