Always Flush Hydraulics on Used Implements

/ Always Flush Hydraulics on Used Implements #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
Here why you should always flush the hydraulics on used implements. I purchased a dump trailer a few weeks back at an auction. The owner told me he did all his own maintenance and and said the oil in the cylinder was clean. Well today I finally got my rear remotes installed and hooked up the dump trailer and remembered someone saying to flush the old hydraulic fluid from used implements before hooking up the remotes. I did just that and this very dirty fluid came out, almost seven liters (almost 2 gallons) of it.

Attachments

• dumptrailer-sm.jpg
    dumptrailer-sm.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 371
  • old-oil-tn.jpg
    old-oil-tn.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 365
   / Always Flush Hydraulics on Used Implements #2  
That's one heck of a cup of coffee. :)

Kind of looks like it had a good bit of water contamination. Good thing you flushed it out.

/ Always Flush Hydraulics on Used Implements #3  
Did he say how OFTEN he did his own maintenance? Like every decade or every other decade?

Maybe you should buy his tractor too? Ha ha

jb

/ Always Flush Hydraulics on Used Implements #4  
I would like to know how you flushed it, did you just take fittings off both ends and some how pump clean through
and that color is just moisture in the oil, it will rust if water is more percent than oil
Thanks
Jim

/ Always Flush Hydraulics on Used Implements
MrJimi said:
I would like to know how you flushed it, did you just take fittings off both ends and some how pump clean through
and that color is just moisture in the oil, it will rust if water is more percent than oil
Thanks
Jim

I removed one of the quick couplers and attached the other to the tractor. Raised the trailer with the other hose in the pail. I then reversed the hoses and repeated the whole process. I repeated this until I was getting clean oil from the hoses. I hope this was enough.

/ Always Flush Hydraulics on Used Implements #6  
Luremaker said:
I removed one of the quick couplers and attached the other to the tractor. Raised the trailer with the other hose in the pail. I then reversed the hoses and repeated the whole process. I repeated this until I was getting clean oil from the hoses. I hope this was enough.

Yes it was, Thank you very much and thats easy