ALWAYS set the parking brake when getting off the tractor and carry a cell phone

/ ALWAYS set the parking brake when getting off the tractor and carry a cell phone #11  
Friend of mine started a tractor that was in gear. The tractor started and the back tire, which was filled with calcium, caught his foot then proceeded to run him over. Started on his right leg ran up and over him just missing his head. I haven't any idea why it didn't break his pelvis and or rib cage. This was a pretty big tractor used to work good size wheat fields. He was very lucky.

/ ALWAYS set the parking brake when getting off the tractor and carry a cell phone #12  
if your gonna remeber your cell phone so you can call medics to save you from your tractor crushing you, why not remember saftey first like set parking brake or turn tractor off with it in low gear so you dont have to have the medics pick your guts up and bag em. Ill take option 2

Dont understand the message being sent here. I dont even get cell reception here becuase there is no cell towers so i rely on not being cocky and saftey.

/ ALWAYS set the parking brake when getting off the tractor and carry a cell phone #13  
I perfer to use the anchor method when short term parking, I lower the FEL to the ground and shift into neutral. Even though I have to push in the clutch to start, I try to leave it in neutral when I park it in the shed so I dont accidently release the clutch and ram it into a wall or something.. I only use the parking brake when on a hill and I want to leave the engine running like when hooking up an implement. Most of my land has some slope to it, so if I cant find a level spot to unhook a 3PH implement, I alway set it where the tractor is facing downhill, just in case the brakes fail it will be moving away from the implement when I am trying to hook up the lift arms.
Carrying a cell phone with you when working would be good idea if I could remember to get it and not drop it or crush it when working. Half the time, I forget to take it with me when I leave the house, just like I did yesterday when trailering my tractor the the shop and had a flat tire and no jack. Not having the cell meant I had to fix it myself rather than call road side assistance which meant unloading the tractor and using the FEL to raise the trailer. I placed the old rim under the trailer frame after lifting as a safety against it falling with the FEL.
A good TSTI (Total Safety Task Instruction)as my old company called it prior to doing anything is essential. Even if you are giving it to yourself, think about what might or could happen that could endanger you and what you must do to keep it from happening. Even pulling on a wrench, think about what would happen if your fist is closed around the wrench and it slipped. Sometime just simply opening your hand and pushing with the palm will save a busted knuckle or moving your head out of line of fire when pulling toward youself might save a few missing teeth.

/ ALWAYS set the parking brake when getting off the tractor and carry a cell phone
if your gonna remeber your cell phone so you can call medics to save you from your tractor crushing you, why not remember saftey first like set parking brake or turn tractor off with it in low gear so you dont have to have the medics pick your guts up and bag em. Ill take option 2
Dont understand the message being sent here. I dont even get cell reception here becuase there is no cell towers so i rely on not being cocky and saftey.

He thought he put the tractor in "park" (which sets the brake in the transmission), but apparently didn't.
As for why to carry a phone... Stuff happens. Mr Murphy is very active and while prevention is better than the cure in most cases, why not be prepared for something to happen?

Aaron Z

/ ALWAYS set the parking brake when getting off the tractor and carry a cell phone #15  
I don't trust the brakes to hold. I turn the engine off with the tractor in a low gear and also use the parking brake. Ken Sweet