Am I going to hate a 3 point wheel rake?

/ Am I going to hate a 3 point wheel rake? #21  
It seems my leading wheel has more pressure on it than the other three. I have adjusted the three point arm as high as it will go on that side.

Unrelated question. What happens if I swing the rake to the opposite of the tractor. Right now the leading edge is on the starboard side of the tractor.

You won't be progressively moving your hay to the rear......you will progressively trying to move it in the direction the tractor is moving.

/ Am I going to hate a 3 point wheel rake? #22  
It operated OK but later rakes with fold in the air wheels with factory installed rubber tires were better. Yes I like my H&S Hi-cap 14 wheel rake much better. I've owned it since '02 & it's raked several 1000 acres. Moving farm equipment down county & FM roads gets more dangerous every yr. Most auto drivers are in "too much of a hurry"!

/ Am I going to hate a 3 point wheel rake? #23  
Yes sir.

I wished the two J arms that attach to the main J arm were able to undulate more than they do, but they are pretty much latched into position. Remove the latch and the arms will fall off.

I opened up the notches wider so they would "undulate" more...

/ Am I going to hate a 3 point wheel rake? #25  
I have used an older 3 pt. 2 wheel sundial rake, then bought a Kverneland TA 711 belt rake. Think the Kverneland rake did a fantastic job, leaving virtually no hay on the field after baling. Trouble ended up being parts, as I was rushing a bit on a pretty rough field when it was getting dark, and broke a few plastic bushings which are no longer available (going to see if I can make some). Bought myself a Kuhn combination Tedder/rake which beat all the leaf off my alfalfa. Managed to locate another belt rake, as a parts rake for my other belt rake, for $50. It's a De Ros D210, with very little wrong on it. Fixed what I could see was wrong on it, and will be trying it out in a day or two. Granted my field is small compared to others in the area, but for $50 if it works like my first belt, bonus. The Storage space is minimal, maybe 3 ft by 7 1/2 ft in the barn. There are some nice newer belt rakes for sale, ( Molon I think) reasonably priced.

Anyways, just my 2 cents

/ Am I going to hate a 3 point wheel rake? #26  
I just finished another cutting and find that the ground contact of the wheels with the multitude of fingers is just the thing for sparse clippings and uneven terrain. I made twice the number of rolls I expected and surely it was the result of the wheel; well some of it was....I never was good at guessing yields....too many variables. I'm learning how to use it and I think after sitting all these years, I may have an usable investment after all.