Mowing AM133766 installed on 62D results

/ AM133766 installed on 62D results #1  

TNTractor1

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 JD2520
So I ordered the anti-blowout part for the 62D MMM on my 2520 hoping it would prevent my air intake screen from becoming clogged with grass clippings when mowing. I installed it yesterday and have spent about 4 hours mowing with it. I must say that I am very pleased with the results! After mowing 4 hours, the outer screen on the grill was as clean as when I started. The radiator screen was covered with very fine particles, but no crass clippings or leaves on the outside. This guard really keeps them from blowing out the front of the deck. Now i can mow with out worrying about that screen, and simply check it when i am finished instead of every half hour. Best $48 I have spent in a while!

/ AM133766 installed on 62D results #2  
TNT do you have any photos?
I am waiting on a new 2520. 4 weeks today (but who's counting)

/ AM133766 installed on 62D results
I don't have any pics, but I will see what I can do. It's just a couple of flat pieces of metal that bolts right underneath the front lip of the deck... Holes lined up perfectly. It was a super-easy install... 5 bolts and 5 nuts and about 5 minutes.

Btw, I just got my new 2520 in march. I have 25 hours on it... LOVE IT! used it for mowing, hauling storm debris, pulling up fence posts, pushed over a dead tree (small tree, but fun). Congrats!

/ AM133766 installed on 62D results #5  
I am curious also, never seen one...Please post some pictures:thumbsup:

/ AM133766 installed on 62D results #6  
If you search that part number,JD parts has that part listed for the 62C deck.
Something else strange,my deck already has the larger piece with the 3 bolts, nothing on the other side.That is the way it was when I got it! It's hard to tell but it's there!:confused2::confused2:

Greg

Attachments

• TRACTOR PICS mower deck.jpg
    TRACTOR PICS mower deck.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 522
If you search that part number,JD parts has that part listed for the 62C deck.
Something else strange,my deck already has the larger piece with the 3 bolts, nothing on the other side.That is the way it was when I got it! It's hard to tell but it's there!:confused2::confused2:

Greg

Greg, you are exactly right. I talked to the dealer and the 62C will also fit the 62D. I think they are probably the same deck except the 62D is a "drive-over" deck and the 62C is not. My deck also came with the larger piece with the 3 bolts like yours... but the new piece is totally different in shape (it's curvy) and extends much further under the deck. The instruction sheet actually references this piece that is already bolted on the deck and it instructs to remove it and replace with the AM133766 piece... and the right side piece that also comes in the kit. It is confusing... I actually ordered the kit for the 54" mower by accident and had to return it and then they looked up the 62C part number for me and it fit perfectly.

/ AM133766 installed on 62D results #8  
Interesting info TN!:thumbsup:
I think it may be something for me to do also. I know what you mean about the grass buildup on the grill,especially when it is dry conditions.
Lately with all the rain, I haven't had that problem.:)

Greg

/ AM133766 installed on 62D results #9  
Interesting piece. Basically, it looks like they said " yup, the deck isn't deep enough, just bolt these on..." Plus, they get to charge you more.
Design flaw sir? No, that's a design FEATURE:laughing:

Well, I mowed more today and in drier conditions. The kit still worked well, but not as good as yesterday... Still better than before though and a good purchase for me.