Amazing group we have here

/ Amazing group we have here #11  
A few of us have been here since close to the beginning, when it was a Kubota board and there were less than 100 members. To watch the dynamics of the board as it has grown has been amazing.

The group has grown in size and diversity; we have lots of members, which range from the US to Oz, Europe, and beyond. This site started out with a number of great member; now it has lots of great members.

The site has grown in membership, tractors discussed, and "Other" discussions.

Pretty cool!

coffeeman said:
Hi all

It is amazing. I have read many posts and posted many questions. What a smart group! Good solid answers about any subject. if someone doesn't answer it exactly right another will suggest the better or correct answer. We can depend on 99.99% of answers, after all the posts are in. It ain't only tractors.

When I need to know something this is one of my first stops.

We should pat ourselves on the back and thank the owner of the board; IT"S A GREAT BOARD!

Cheers Coffeeman

/ Amazing group we have here #12  
Thanks Coffeeman for starting this thread.

I agree, the wealth of knowledge and willingness of everyone to share their experiences is invaluable. It's refreshing to read all the different perspectives and approaches to the challenges posted. Rarely is there only ONE way to do something and learning about all the other possibilities is exciting. As importantly and maybe even more so, I really enjoy reading about WHAT NOT TO DO or how to avoid repeating someone else's mistake/error. (Been There Done That & Don't Want To Do It Again). The amount of time and $$ that we save each other is tremendous, eventhough we also enjoy suggesting ways to spend each other's money.

Like N80 has mentioned, TBN contributors are extremely civil and friendly. I have never seen a FLAME WAR or even the beginnings of one. Differences of opinion are well respected and it's obvious that many inputs try to consider that as well. Eventhough we enjoy the colors of the tractors and implements, we are generally color blind and learn from all the forums.

Finally, even though most of us have never met each or even physically talked with each other, we share each other's pride in accomplishment/achievement and grieve together when we lose one another. (May God be with MADREFEREE)

/ Amazing group we have here #13  
I didn't know about Mad. What happened?

Edit: Nevermind, just found the post. Ugh.

/ Amazing group we have here #14  
I found TBN sometime back in 1999 or 2000. Hard to believe it was 7-8 years ago. I can honestly say, that I once was able to READ ALL of the appends in ALL of the forums. :D

Keyword was once. And along time ago! :)

I don't think that is remotely possible anymore. Could anyone keep up with all the new appends in all of the forums?

We have had flame problems on TBN. That is why politics, religion, etc is banned. I miss the conversations because for the vast majority of people the discussions where civil. But we did have flames. And its best that the topics have been banned. There have been people who have consistently behaved badly and they are soon gone.

The things I have learned here are countless. Its hard to believe that we have only had the TBN reasource for such a short time...

TBN has some sort of strange ESP thing going. I don't know how many times I have had a problem and I would go to TBN and there was a discussion about my problem that someone else had started. This seem to happen frequently.

Wonderful place TBN is...

Later,
Dan

/ Amazing group we have here #15  
N80 said:
But there is another thing. There are ton's of internet communities with smart people with lots of knowledge. But plenty of them are populated by arrogant, you-know-whats who have no time for newbies except to make fun of them.

As a newbie I'd like to say I agree 100% and thanks very much! I have learned a lot here from the questions I asked and from reading the answers to the questions I should have asked!

hud

/ Amazing group we have here #16  
Well said...George! I was looking for my hammer, but you already hit the nail square on the head!

I'll bet most of us even wears a hat with the brim over our eyes instead of sideways...