Amazing...

/ Amazing... #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
...and I thought and have observed the asking (and getting) prices on pre Tier 4 Kubota's was high. Guess everything Pre Tier 4 is commanding high prices as well.

I was just offered and took 35 thousand for my 1997 Ford F350 long bed, 4 door pickup truck. Just turned 100K and has always been garaged and in the winter up here, has never seen snow or salt. No rust anywhere, super clean inside and out.

Bought it new in 1997 and paid a bit less than 35 for it.

Told the guy, cash only and he said no issue and will complete the transaction mid week next week. Gave me 5 grand down btw. private sale, didn't even advertise it, 100% word of mouth.

Only stipulation is, no 100 dollar bills. Too many counterfeit hundreds floating around today.

I don't use it much anymore since I'm not delivering rounds. The Kaufman tandem axle goose neck is next to go. Don't need that either and the camper as well. At our age, a motel is the better alternative. Camper is always kept inside as well and purchased new

Attachments

• IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 210
   / Amazing...
I do know one thing for certain and that is, that money won't wind up in the bank. One, I'm basically debt free personally and two, with the current deal with banks and digital currency. I'm very inclined to buy more precious metals and or invest in collectable firearms.

Besides, under current regulations imposed by the government (that I don't agree with), any deposit to any account in any bank (commercial, savings and loan or credit union) over 10 grand has to be reported to the Fed and the Fed already knows too much about my personal business (and yours) as it is.

I always try my best to 'fly under the radar' if possible.

/ Amazing... #3  
I am seeing dealers asking the same or more for used tractors that they retailed for when new.

/ Amazing...
I believe you can attribute that to the ever decreasing value of the dollar more than anything else. As it devalues, it takes more and more to equal the value of any item whether it's tractors or food or whatever.

In reality the higher price is maybe keeping even with the value of the item you bought prior to the present.

/ Amazing... #6  
Don't need that either and the camper as well. At our age, a motel is the better alternative.
My wife's idea of camping is Motel 6. Even when we were young. She didn't even make it a whole night in the tent in the backyard with the GS.

/ Amazing... #8  
Congrats on that sale. Also, agree with the desire to leave government out of my personal finances. They don't give a **** what I think of their finances, so they have no business in mine
Well said!

Mike

/ Amazing... #9  
Just don't carry cash like that around. If you happen to get stopped for a traffic violation and they see it, find it or your vehicle is checked by a dog. The police can take it from you under the drug seizure laws and you'll never see it again. The courts have agreed that having a lot of cash is a sure sign of drug dealing. They can take it from you at will without so much as giving you a receipt. You would have to prove your innocence--Not them proving you're guilty of any crime. They just take it.

/ Amazing...
I've never had that issue here. Not that I do and candidly, I have not been stopped by LE for anything in at least 50 years anyway and that includes 40 driving a commercial tractor trailer. You obey the law and don't act stupid, you won't be stopped. LE tends to stop people that look suspicious. I don't. Not something that concerns me at all.

Additionally, if any LE runs my plate they will find out I hold a Concealed Carry Permit and here in Michigan to get one you'd better be squeaky clean.

If you act gulty and appear guilty, you will get stopped.

Last edited: