Amazon DOt for my BT speaker

/ Amazon DOt for my BT speaker #1  

Tunin

Bronze Member
Tractor
B2410 Kubota, Antonio Carraro SRH9800 and SRX8400
Hi guys, well, simple install in my Antonio Carraro tractor, I had a couple radio, bluetooth setups (pioneer, JVC, Blaupunkt) the autio was not all that good but the main problem is, they crapped out after a while, being that it is a vertical install in my tractor, the detachable face started falling down on all of them… I just needed a BT speaker…

so I did this, being that I ditched everything Amazon from our household, after they started pushin “woke” poop we put them all offline… so I decided to use one of the Alexa Dot units as my simple offline BT speaker in my tractor…

Wired the power, power sw. drilled a pair of holes in the bottom panel, mounted it, it works great, dumb bt speaker, all I need in my tractor.

/ Amazon DOt for my BT speaker #2  
Would putting another and setting them up as a 'stereo pair' still work with bluetooth?

/ Amazon DOt for my BT speaker
Yes. But this really fills the cab. i was quite impressed. I originally built a harness to use the built in speakers, the unit it self sounded better than the built in speakers, so I scratched it. Will be roto-tilling this week, will test it in action.

/ Amazon DOt for my BT speaker #4  
They do surprise on sound for how tiny that speaker in there is.. I have one on top of the medicine cabinet, on a pedestal, in the bath for shower time :)

/ Amazon DOt for my BT speaker #5  
Would you please describe what exactly the "woke" poop is the speakers were pushing? I'm truly curious. I don't have any type of Alexa or Siri or whatever speaker in my house. I am dubious about the use of "smart " speakers. But you stating that the the speakers are pushing something besides the usual and obvious advertisements makes me wonder what it is they are pushing. I didn't even know the speakers would make any type of sound unless asked to. And then I thought that they would just answer questions or start playing music or whatever.
Thanks,
Eric

/ Amazon DOt for my BT speaker #6  
Would you please describe what exactly the "woke" poop is the speakers were pushing? I'm truly curious. I don't have any type of Alexa or Siri or whatever speaker in my house. I am dubious about the use of "smart " speakers. But you stating that the the speakers are pushing something besides the usual and obvious advertisements makes me wonder what it is they are pushing. I didn't even know the speakers would make any type of sound unless asked to. And then I thought that they would just answer questions or start playing music or whatever.
Thanks,
Eric

The Echo's don't actually push anything. They stay pretty quite unless its a notification I asked for (deliveries, weather, etc.. ) He's talking about Amazon the corporation and Bezos himself.

/ Amazon DOt for my BT speaker
Hi guys, well, yes, you ask it and it responds, so for instance, here is one example… I could write all day about my experiance with it… on Gender, aparantly there are more genders than 2, where I live, it is only male and female…