American made tractor?

/ American made tractor? #51  
Old Hickory - I think you and I are on the same side of the fence on this one, really. I agree about the EPA/OSHA stuff creating an unlevel playing field, and I wonder what a Mexican CEO makes? And I think some of the blame for jobs going overseas is on the workers, some on management and some on consumers (not willing to pay more for goods made countryside).

I also agree that there is good management and bad management. There are also good blue collar workers and bad blue collar workers.

About 8 years ago, I was that engineer fresh out of college, and most of the workers at this plant assumed that I never did a days work in my life - they just assumed that since I had a college education, I had never "really" worked. Of course, I grew up on a farm with cows, hay, corn and tobacco and worked 28-40 hours per week at a grocery store during my teen years. But nobody assumed that. However, as years have passed, I've finally convinced several folks with several good project completions that maybe I'm not completely useless...and I learn something new everyday.

When are we going to get that economybynet.com or politicsbynet.com started?

/ American made tractor? #52  
I don't think Mitsubishi is making the Cub Cadets anymore. I believe Kioti is making the larger Cubs, and the smaller ones are being made in the U.S. from domestic and foriegn parts. The Mitsu's are still available however, as the Mahindra 15 series.

/ American made tractor? #53  
And Hummers.
And wear Brand H clothing.
Or wear Brand T boots.
Eat at the more expensive restaurants.....

There are a lot of people in this country that are about 2 paychecks away from bankruptcy. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ American made tractor? #54  
"Thankyou Mr. Bush."

Imports began before Mr. Bush took office.

A lot of what we are seeing today can be traced to NAFTA and other "free trade" programs that have been in place for several Presidential terms.

/ American made tractor? #55  
Iseki also makes the Agcos and i believe they are the best deal out there right now looking at what some have paid compared to others. As far as Japanese based tractors.

/ American made tractor? #56  
"But we don't know where the steel came from."

True! Nor, at Power Trac, do we know where the oil in the engine, the rubber in the tires, or the shoes on the welder's feet, came from!! (Sorry! We do know where his shoes came from - China!!!)
But I am sure that the overall USA content of labor and material is much higher than in a Kioti CK20!!

I'm not a Buy American nut, but where there is a choice, or a better overall product, why not buy USA??

My main concern is labeling. There are too many guys out there who wouldn't think of buying that foreign junk (Yanmar, Iseki, or Shibaura)! They want a good American tractor like John Deere, M-F, or New Holland!!! As long as you know that a Yanmar isn't a USA tractor just because it's got a John Deere sticker on the hood, buy what's best for you!! It's YOUR money, and in America you are free to buy what YOU want!!

Back in the late 1970's I took a lot of crap about driving a Honda Accord (built in Marysville, Ohio) from guys in Ford F150's built in Canada!! Last time I looked, Canada was not a state!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Signing off now with my Chinese HP computer, turning off my Mexican radio, putting on my Chinese boots, jacket, and hat , so I can drive with my English wife in her Japanese (American built) car, with the Arabian gas in it, to Wal-Mart to spend some American money on an American product, any American product!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 367426-Flag  .gif
    367426-Flag .gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 97
   / American made tractor? #57  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> About 8 years ago, I was that engineer fresh out of college, and most of the workers at this plant assumed that I never did a days work in my life - </font> )</font>

I cannot assume anything like that about anyone until I have the chance to work with them and get to know their character, it does not take too long and you can see if anyone actually cares about job performance or if they are just riding the wave and coasting along,doing minimal amount possible to get by and blowing smoke at the same time.

/ American made tractor? #58  
"Tazewell, Virginia, USA. "

My father and mother were born and raised there.
Both sets of grandparents were from there.
Both sets of my grandparents got married on the same day, at the same home (preacher's home on 16), same preacher, one couple coming out as the other couple went in.

Beautiful part of Southwest Virginia.

/ American made tractor? #59  
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif With all that Tazewell history, what is your, or your relatives and friends, opinion of Power Trac and it's products??? They have been building them there for 20 years!!

Buying a Power Trac certainly would be more beneficial to your relatives and friends than buying a Jinma, unless you happen to be Chinese!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 367456-Made In USA  .JPG
    367456-Made In USA .JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 91
   / American made tractor? #60  
As an add on to MossRoads comments regarding Power Trac. They are hand made one at a time. The attachments are also made on site. This would be as close to American made as you can get.
PJ