Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco
I think the flail mowers are too slow and require too much maintenance for what requirements I have for these machines. I have not really looked to far into them though. They certainly need to cut more than 3". If you know all about them please tell me more, I'd like to learn.

Jason

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #12  
I know in the old days, with the chain linked cutters, they were very violent, but today with the fixed cutters they are sounding more efficient. The rotary tree cutters are okay for one time clearing needs, but are not good for any kind of grooming chores like the new style flail mowers. It depends on the tasks at hand, but for me the ability to handle some clearing chores and finish cut is attractive.

jmf

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #13  
Something that is being overlooked. The mower sticks out 6-7'"in front of the mower past the attach plate. That makes for a very long tractor to fit into tight spaces.
I was called to a job that they where running a t-300 and rotary mower that wasn't getting the job done. It was engaging to much material and to time consuming. On 4'' and under material you can drive at speed with a mulcher on a skid steer. Now granted there is a sizable price difference between the two but what's your time worth? On 1600 acres you need the most productive unit you can find.